• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I realy dont know how to get back on my feet.

Eat healthy and be asleep by 9pm. Staying up late screws up your melatonin and circadian rhythm. Eat your veggies at least the equivalent of two cans or four cooked measuring cups a day and maybe a fruit. Eat lean meat if you are a meat eater. If not there’s a bunch of interesting varieties of beans like red lentils that must be combined with rice. To much grain makes me depressed and lethargic. Don’t know if it does that to you or not. No caffeine after 12N. Will mess up your sleep. Use olive oil. Lower saturated fats. Get some exercise. In about a week you’ll feel pretty good. If you are very active you can have more carbs if you burn it off.

Eat healthy and be asleep by 9pm. Staying up late screws up your melatonin and circadian rhythm. Eat your veggies at least the equivalent of two cans or four cooked measuring cups a day and maybe a fruit. Eat lean meat if you are a meat eater. If not there’s a bunch of interesting varieties of beans like red lentils that must be combined with rice. To much grain makes me depressed and lethargic. Don’t know if it does that to you or not. No caffeine after 12N. Will mess up your sleep. Use olive oil. Lower saturated fats. Get some exercise. In about a week you’ll feel pretty good. If you are very active you can have more carbs if you burn it off.

That's a lot xDD

12N ? you mean no cofee after the morning? Man i'm compltely addicted to cofee.

Coffee wears out your adrenal glands. More than three cups in the morning will fry your adrenal glands for sure and you’ll actually have less energy over all. I was drinking 6 cups and Im having to stop. That may actually be your problem. You’ll feel worse for about three days. My energy got better. I no longer have an afternoon crash from the morning coffee. Don’t drink soda either. Even decaf soda. .it is loaded with phosphorus. Your body can eliminate natural phosphorus from beans if you eat too many. But your body can’t eleminate all the man made processed phosphorus in soda. So it causes uric acid to form in your blood because your kidneys will not work as well. It damages the kidneys. When you get older, long term soda consumption reduces your kidney capacity by one third. So I freeze raspberries and drop about four of them to a glass of cold water and let bits of fruit flavor my water. I was having swelling in my legs from the soda. Diet coke was the worst. Also that much coffee dehydrates you and will make you feel more tired. So if you drink one cup of coffee, you must drink two cups of water, twice as much water as coffee consumed.

I quit having coffee every day. I’m not swearing it completely off but Just use it only for emergencies to be alert. Maybe once a week or less.

I do eat carbs though. I don’t do Atkins or Paleo. My carbs are slower digesting ones like beets, squash, sweet potatoes because i’m borderline diabetic.

I quit having coffee every day. I’m not swearing it completely off but Just use it only for emergencies to be alert. Maybe once a week or less.

Im actually addicted to cofee, I mean, I know I drink too much, like way too much.

Iv already tried to stop and lasted a few weeks, but the first days are nightmare i am barely functionnal I have like some withdrawal effects.

And even days later im like a moving corpse seriously.

My father drink less cofee but has the same "can't live without cofee " prb.

That goes away though. But if you stay online late at night you will never feel good. No internet three hours before bed, at least two hours. The light on the screen messes up you circadia rhythm. If I even turn mine on to check an email I get hooked and stay up all night. Go caffeine free from all sources, eat healthy (clean foods),sleep 8 hours. you’ll be a new person. Set an alarm and keep a schedule. It helps.

Im actually addicted to cofee, I mean, I know I drink too much, like way too much.

Iv already tried to stop and lasted a few weeks, but the first days are nightmare i am barely functionnal I have like some withdrawal effects.

And even days later im like a moving corpse seriously.

My father drink less cofee but has the same "can't live without cofee " prb.
I hope he does instant where you don’t smell it.What a trigger!

Some say physical work works really great against depression.

My brain usually is as it seems over active already.
Caffeine lowers my focus, and i quickly noticed i am sensitive to it.
Very recently i drank stronger than usual tea (+ different company), ended up having anxiety, shaking hands, heart racing, headaches and felt totally bad. From 16 to 6 next morning and unsure wether i have slept 3 hours.

Some say physical work works really great against depression.

My brain usually is as it seems over active already.
Caffeine lowers my focus, and i quickly noticed i am sensitive to it.
Very recently i drank stronger than usual tea (+ different company), ended up having anxiety, shaking hands, heart racing, headaches and felt totally bad. From 16 to 6 next morning and unsure wether i have slept 3 hours.

Coffee probably isn’t as bad as pharmaceutical drugs. Is your thyroid over active? Have you had that checked? It makes the mind race and hard to focus. Whether mine is hyper or hypo, coffee helps me focus. I think it works that way on everyone. That is why we love it so. have you thought about learning to build decks? The math figuring is fairly simple math using levels and a ruler. The labor is physical. You’d be lifting, carrying boards around. My husband is hyperactive, ADSD, can’t read or spell to write anything. But he learned to do carpentry, tear down houses, and he trained as an electrician under a relative who was a master electrician. Then he worked at a skyscraper style office building for a contract crew running wire through conduit all day. He climbed ladders all day and ran wire and hooked it up in the junction boxes. It was easy but physical. You could do yards, too, hedge trimming and all that. If you live in an apartment, no problem, just store all your tools in a small storage unit nearby and grab them with each job. Keep a book schedule of all your clients. I think if you had to commit to something like work you would not have as much time to think and be depressed. Also, you wouldn’t be talking to people that much in these jobs. It would be easy to focus because they are very basic and you do the same routine over and over. They also pay well if you plan it right. Don’t bid the job by time but by the job intensity itself. If construction don’t include material price. Go price the materials that will be used and then have the customer go with you to buy materials. That way you don’t accidentally underbid the job. Another thing you might like is movie acting if you can memorize lines. Lots of Aspies are actors. It is competitive though and cut throat. But my husband loves doing that. You meet famous people which is cool. You can sometimes get into construction just by walking up to a construction site and asking to start out as a helper. They always need people to do cleanup or run water vacs and various odd, no skill jobs, then work your way in, and pick up skills.

Coffee probably isn’t as bad as pharmaceutical drugs. Is your thyroid over active? Have you had that checked? It makes the mind race and hard to focus. Whether mine is hyper or hypo, coffee helps me focus. I think it works that way on everyone. That is why we love it so. have you thought about learning to build decks? The math figuring is fairly simple math using levels and a ruler. The labor is physical. You’d be lifting, carrying boards around. My husband is hyperactive, ADSD, can’t read or spell to write anything. But he learned to do carpentry, tear down houses, and he trained as an electrician under a relative who was a master electrician. Then he worked at a skyscraper style office building for a contract crew running wire through conduit all day. He climbed ladders all day and ran wire and hooked it up in the junction boxes. It was easy but physical. You could do yards, too, hedge trimming and all that. If you live in an apartment, no problem, just store all your tools in a small storage unit nearby and grab them with each job. Keep a book schedule of all your clients. I think if you had to commit to something like work you would not have as much time to think and be depressed. Also, you wouldn’t be talking to people that much in these jobs. It would be easy to focus because they are very basic and you do the same routine over and over. They also pay well if you plan it right. Don’t bid the job by time but by the job intensity itself. If construction don’t include material price. Go price the materials that will be used and then have the customer go with you to buy materials. That way you don’t accidentally underbid the job. Another thing you might like is movie acting if you can memorize lines. Lots of Aspies are actors. It is competitive though and cut throat. But my husband loves doing that. You meet famous people which is cool. You can sometimes get into construction just by walking up to a construction site and asking to start out as a helper. They always need people to do cleanup or run water vacs and various odd, no skill jobs, then work your way in, and pick up skills.
Another Aspie I know washed office windows. You have to do a spotless job though and you might need a helper. My friend did it with his wife and also taught guitar lessons. Another friend I had cleaned office buildings. It you can get 3 or 4 large office buildings, the money is real good. You have to do it at night when everyone is gone, vacuum, dust, take out the trash, clean bathroom and break room.

For some reason, too much computer time, internet, any device time i. excess makes me depressed and tired even if I’m reading happy stuff. Not sure why that is. It is as If I must have something physical done, like house cleaning or anything. Something about work builds my endorphins. Plus, I end up with my environment looking nice, clean, pretty, and that helps. I keep some orchids in a shady window and try to have nice colored printed sheets and bed covers to make my environment cheerful. I also read only positive happy scriptures every morning and meditate on them all day. It resets my brain and removes any negative thinking. It is like reprogramming. It sounds superficial but it works. I feel down if I don’t keep it up. You might not be into that though and I’m not pushing it on you. But I like the one in Psalms where God comes to rescue me from any enemy or calamity with his strong arms, flaring nostrils, lightening, fire and smoke! What evil in my life can stand up to that? I meditate on God snatching me up away from anything bad. I stay away from the judgemental verses because after reading them in context, they apply to evil religious and political leaders and not to me anyway. I discovered many religious leaders preach the scriptures incorrectly. God is out to save and help us not beat us up and tear us down. But like I said, this is my philosophy for myself. It keeps me out of the psych office and i’m not on any meds except my blood pressure and that kind of stuff. I haven had psych meds since 2005. I tried them about three years and couldn’t deal with them. Experiment with doing some small jobs for cash for one or two people at first and see if you can handle it and like it before going whole hog.

Same. I'm stuck
Try something on a small scale that you wonder if you would like. I tell my Fraidy Cat friends ( those who think they can’t ). Do something even if it’s wrong, but do something. It’s a joke of course but I hounded one friend to do something and now she has a B&B, a boutique, a catering service, and embroidery business all out of the same location. When I hounded her she had just got out of the mental institution from a breakdown. Look at her now!

New Threads

Top Bottom