• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I read that cats have aspergers and I think that may be right lol

Suzanne

V.I.P Member
We have a kitten called, Milly and a dachshund called, Archie.

I find myself gravitating more with Milly. She is straight forward. You know what she likes and dislikes.

Archie is complicated. He looks like he wants affection, but when I give it, he reaction is mediocre to say the least. His tail is down and he looks sad, but I am not hurting him and even have my voice low.

Milly lets me pick her up and sometimes she will purr and snuggle into me, but other times she struggles to be let loose and to me that is: ok, you want to be independant.

I find that with nts. They are so varied in their emotional facial make up etc, that it confuses me.

When I had a cat as a boy, I tended to notice that she would seek attention and affection on her schedule, and not on mine. Which more often than not involved a meal, LOL. No surprise there!

OTOH our Yorkies in the family household tended to relate to us by gender. The male hung around my father and I, and the female was clearly my mother's dog without exception. While I always had the impression of unconditional love by our dogs, I felt as though my cat had a different agenda.

You know that saying- "Dogs have masters; cats have staff." :p

I suppose I'd be inclined to refrain from relating human neurological conditions with those of animals. Perhaps because in my experience it's the human who is far more likely to bite you. :oops:

Last edited:

I find myself gravitating more with Milly. She is straight forward. You know what she likes and dislikes.

Archie is complicated. He looks like he wants affection, but when I give it, he reaction is mediocre to say the least. His tail is down and he looks sad, but I am not hurting him and even have my voice low.

Milly lets me pick her up and sometimes she will purr and snuggle into me, but other times she struggles to be let loose and to me that is: ok, you want to be independant.

I find that with nts. They are so varied in their emotional facial make up etc, that it confuses me.
Dogs are like a herd animals, cats are the obligate carnivore group(lizards,snake,frogs,some birds) staying with humans for convenience,if you are wired like that ,you act like that ,where people with autistic neurology are half and half gregarious but very limited ,domesticated cats have been altered because humans treat them as kittens, thus the crying only done for humans,still a Predator still wired as a carnivore

I had a vet tell me all cats were bipolar but I honestly think she meant that as a joke. I was observing at an animal hospital and they had two cats that lived there. One day, the female cat meows at me and gestures for me to pet her. As soon as I touch her, she bites me. "Oww! Don't bite me!" I told her. One of the vets who had been watching the whole time says, 'All cats have Bipolar."

I have grown up with dogs, I have own one cat and now I have two youngling Maine Coons (siblings from the same litter). I am a dog and a cat person.

My grandparents had dachshunds. They...one of them was wonderful, the other one had a temper and I'm not sure everything was ok with that dog. I have no idea of the personality of Archie, your dog, but if you find it helpful, look more at body posture and reactions from the tail when it comes to your dog. You find more information about what to do with him and how to interact there than by looking in his face (dogs really don't like eye to eye contact btw so look below or next to the eyes). Tail down (depending how it is held) usually mean the dog wants to be left alone but it can be content. If he wants to interact, the tail will wag back and forth, the gesture can be small or big but it will be there. If the tail doesn't move, Archie is probably content and just want some space :) With both my grandparents dagshunds I experienced that they disliked to be held, I think it is because of their long body in relation to their short legs.

I hope you find something helpful in the answer :) (Sorry if it got long, I am obsessed with animals so once I start it's difficult for me to stop, I could probably write an essay here if I got going). Kind Regards Pauline

I feel very close to my cat,it's almost like i relate to her. She dislikes noises, she gets scared from them, like i do ha ha and is shy with strangers. She was also bullied from other cats outside. She is very gentle and sensitive and intuitive,she comes to my room when i feel down. I could write a whole list on how many similarities we have. One big difference,is she walks up at 4 am and wants to go out to hunt .

New Threads

Top Bottom