• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Need To Confess Something

It's perfectly fine to not relate with everyone. It would be unreasonable to expect otherwise. The important thing is your behavior, not your thoughts or feelings. In fact, if you had racist thoughts but still behaved properly, one could argue that is more admirable than a person without those biases.

Personally, I prefer the company of people of Asian descent over people of European descent. They seem more focused on reality and less likely to veer off into conspiracy theories, superstition, and the like -- in my opinion, of course.

My wife, for example, is a gorgeous Filipina who has earned a Masters Degree. She handles all our finances and social obligations. Right now, she is downstairs, exercising to her favorite videos.

That is interesting and I guess not what I expected. Because (in my mind anyway) if you felt you were completely integrated, I would expect you would likely have more in common with a student, who is probably from a privileged class and probably (although not certainly) more typically Western with Western ideas than someone who never left the mainland.

You be surprised how close minded those international students are

You would think they come here with a mindset of learning, mindset of progressing

From what I have seen, opposite is true. They still do what they usually do back home. They still live the way they live back home

Not all it’s true but the majority come here so that they can flex back home. Chinese culture can be twisted

This reminds me of a conversation I once had with a well-educated political refugee from Haiti, who at work privately confided to me that he despised African Americans and went into great detail about it.

It was difficult to hear as I understood his perspective clearly enough, but that at the same time I cautioned him that such prejudice will not serve him well, no matter how he rationalized such feelings. His head understood me well enough, while his heart was in another place.

You be surprised how close minded those international students are

You would think they come here with a mindset of learning, mindset of progressing

From what I have seen, opposite is true. They still do what they usually do back home. They still live the way they live back home

Not all it’s true but the majority come here so that they can flex back home. Chinese culture can be twisted
I think I understand; from what I understand of Chinese culture. Although it is a huge place with many different peoples within it, it is the culture-at-large we are talking about here, and attitudes, within in and abroad.

Myself I am not attracted to corporate culture types of people, because we culturally clash. No guys in suits for me.

But I miss Tibetan culture, apart of me doesn't always feel western....but due to apartheid and my Mom requiring a permit, people were told I was Belgium and my Mom French, having blue eyes and mousey blond hair I passed through. Mostly people don't know and so it's inside I sometimes confused if I'm white or black Darwin moth.

I think I understand; from what I understand of Chinese culture. Although it is a huge place with many different peoples within it, it is the culture-at-large we are talking about here, and attitudes, within in and abroad.

Myself I am not attracted to corporate culture types of people, because we culturally clash. No guys in suits for me.

My problem is most of them are entitled to an extent

I don’t really care about what they do back home but I have a problem with them bring that here, to Toronto

I remember when I first arrived, in 2000, I arrived with nothing with a humbled heart

I never asked the government for anything, still don’t. I’m just grateful. Nothing else

Hey it’s up to them. I will still respect their decisions even though I don’t really roll with them, if you understand me

You should be okay with anyone platonically at least. Asian women tend to be very desired, maybe Americanized Asian women in the US more than foreign Asian women. So, I guess I don't feel bad for them not to have a chance with you.

Asian men, at least gay ones, have a difficult time based on their race only sadly.

New Threads

Top Bottom