• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I may never find the one.

I gave it some serious thought about all of this and you know with as long as I have been single I’m fine and even happy with the way things are; I got everything going for me at the moment I’m trying to work for out of life. I should not worry about have a relationship right now but if that time ever comes then I may take up on that. Patience in life is what I believe to live a successful life than worrying about little things such as this.

Nobody ever finds "the one". Everyone, if being honest, will look back and understand that despite the company they kept they were alone the whole way. Not always lonely, but essentially and finally, alone. This is what makes self respect so important and I can't see how someone can respect themselves when they have to look for their happiness in the hearts and minds of others.
This is a cliché I've heard before, but completely disagree with. If you have people in your life who you can truly rely on then you are not alone. There have been times in my life when I have been surrounded by 'friends' and been in a relationship and have been both alone and lonely. But for the last 2 years I have been living alone, no romantic relationship (and not looking for one) and yet, being honest I can look back and say I haven't been alone, because I have had a group of people who have always been there for me. That is what it means to not be alone, not to have 'the one', but to have people who will be there for you and support you, whenever, wherever, no matter what.

New Threads

Top Bottom