• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I know nothing about pro sports.

I have no interest in sports and yet I live where people are always going nuts over a major NFL team and major league hockey.
It does seem most on the spectrum are not sports fans or like to play sports.
The only one I can enjoy watching for a while is tennis, but, I don't keep up with it.
I just like it because I used to play it. The only sport I ever enjoyed.

Sports don't interest me in the slightest. Watching sports on TV is boring, you don't learn anything interesting. I don't understand why people get so worked up and emotional either, and start to shout at the players - it's not like the players can hear them!

The thing that puzzles me the most is how sports fans refer to "we", like they've actually contributed. I think the underlying motivation is a sense of belonging and the illusion of being part of something.

Can't say I care about sports at all, I know a few details from just catching that information especially around the time the World Cup is on - I watch a few matches then, just so that I can follow and contribute to discussions on the topic when I'm around a group of friends. Other than that, it's all a little pointless, they're just sweaty people running around and then everyone's getting all worked up about it.

Luckily my partner doesn't care about sports either, doesn't watch any of it, so I don't have to take an interest. =)

Im just confused mostly about the worship of pro athletes.

I think teachers, public workers, etc contribute more to the world.

I think I see pro sports as a product of gross consumerism and corporate greed.

But I may just have extreme thoughts?

I live in a city obsessed with sports. I can really only name 1 player on the local pro football team.

Anyhow, I stopped at the local grocery store and the cashier said they where going to be super busy tonight. She told me “James Conner” will be here. I replied “who’s that”. The look of horror on her face was amazing. I googled the guy afterwards and he’s a pro player in the city I live in.

I don't care about watching sports either, but thats nothing. The Philly Fans are worse. Much worse.

DTjLgFZVwAAagkn_1515993192440_4810017_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

1u6nofiytmb01.jpg

Hockey is king where I live. The entire town becomes quiet and everyone stays home, the only noticeable lights are televisions flickering in the dark. No cars on the road, few people outside. Radio and television stations broadcast the plays and most restaurants have screens with hockey games on.

Periodically you'll hear noise, or shouting or cheering if a goal is scored. If it's a playoff game, and a Canadian team won, or if it's the Olympics, people race around in their cars with team flags sticking out of their car windows shouting and sounding their car horns.

I like hockey, I know the names of the teams but not the individual players. If I were to watch, it would be the finals. I guess you have to play and I played women's hockey and baseball and field hockey although I'm not a 'team' player. Enjoy sports like cycling and gymnastics where you compete against yourself.

Hockey looks like it would take large amounts of skill and cardio strength. Skating at that intensity would take a lot of effort, especially chasing the puck around.

Hockey is king where I live. The entire town becomes quiet and everyone stays home, the only noticeable lights are televisions flickering in the dark. No cars on the road, few people outside. Radio and television stations broadcast the plays and most restaurants have screens with hockey games on.

Periodically you'll hear noise, or shouting or cheering if a goal is scored. If it's a playoff game, and a Canadian team won, or if it's the Olympics, people race around in their cars with team flags sticking out of their car windows shouting and sounding their car horns.

I like hockey, I know the names of the teams but not the individual players. If I were to watch, it would be the finals. I guess you have to play and I played women's hockey and baseball and field hockey although I'm not a 'team' player. Enjoy sports like cycling and gymnastics where you compete against yourself.

Indeed.

Hard not to notice my state's professional hockey team. Whose first year in the league propelled them to the Stanley Cup. They lost, but they made history in the process. :cool:

I used to go watch Islanders games as a teen. They played only a mile from my house. During regular season you could go and hang out till everyone was in and then the ticket takers would then let the kids in free. The only downside was waiting in the cold wind mid-winter. The Nassau Coloseum was built on the treeless old Mitchel Field plain where Charles Lindbergh took off on his Transatlantic flight. Generally except for playoff games it was never sold out so there was plenty of seats. That was prior to the Dynasty years in the early 80s.

I don’t get it either,I have always hated sports and I see so many people get intense about it,this brings back a memory from school where i was told if I don’t like sports then I am a no hoper so to some people you are a outsider if you don’t enjoy sports.

New Threads

Top Bottom