• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just want to be loved?

And really how can someone relate if they do not know everything you have in face been through and only see bits of it on Facebook or something.
Right. And, even if they did know every detail, they can't really experience what it's like. Even showing them pictures might upset them or something, but still they would not experience what you've gone through. That's just the way it is with us herd animals.

I always feel conflicted about that, because I can look at the human race from the outside, or so it seems to me. Whereas, I don't think most people ever even try to look at the human race objectively. So, I'm an inside-the-group guy because I'm legally and socially obligated, but I don't really think or operate like the rest of my species, so I can't really be a full part of that group. I just finished first draft of a book that deals with that issue for autistic people. I hate that the title has been used so much, because I'm calling it 'Desperado'. A desperado is one who lives alone by necessity because being in town gets him in trouble. But he doesn't really go off and be completely alone; he rides on the far outskirts of town. His life is still always in relation to town. (Of course, my protagonist is an unschooled ND tech wizard who happened to inherit a bicycle factory and fortune, but the comparison holds.)

It seems most of our breed live on the outskirts of society. The people in town get all the fellowship the world has to offer and all that goes with it. They all see the world about the same, so can relate to one another. We go into that milieu, we get bounced around like a pinball, so we keep to the outside. In a good moment, they say they can relate, but we know they only relate on a very surface level.

But if we sneak close and listen to them, we find out that most all of them live lives of desperate solitude; they huddle close like good herd animals, yet rarely experience real fellowship. Even their closest relationships - the bond of marriage - is always a mixed blessing. And look out; your best friend might sleep with your spouse. Tsunamis and bears couldn't be much worse.

As much as I am genetically one of those herd animals, I can't live with your typical amount of social exposure to them; I don't have high expectations of other humans. I used to! And what a miserable mess that was! Not understanding that I was of a breed apart, I expected people to be rational and often held them to that standard. Now I understand that my own thinking doesn't meet their standards, either. So it sounds like a standoff, right? My way vs. their way. Not really a standoff because there's a whole lot more of them. So I stay on the outskirts and try to be satisfied with what cautiously-sampled fellowship I can get. It's better than the pain of expecting them to live up to my standards.

Right. And, even if they did know every detail, they can't really experience what it's like. Even showing them pictures might upset them or something, but still they would not experience what you've gone through. That's just the way it is with us herd animals.

I always feel conflicted about that, because I can look at the human race from the outside, or so it seems to me. Whereas, I don't think most people ever even try to look at the human race objectively. So, I'm an inside-the-group guy because I'm legally and socially obligated, but I don't really think or operate like the rest of my species, so I can't really be a full part of that group. I just finished first draft of a book that deals with that issue for autistic people. I hate that the title has been used so much, because I'm calling it 'Desperado'. A desperado is one who lives alone by necessity because being in town gets him in trouble. But he doesn't really go off and be completely alone; he rides on the far outskirts of town. His life is still always in relation to town. (Of course, my protagonist is an unschooled ND tech wizard who happened to inherit a bicycle factory and fortune, but the comparison holds.)

It seems most of our breed live on the outskirts of society. The people in town get all the fellowship the world has to offer and all that goes with it. They all see the world about the same, so can relate to one another. We go into that milieu, we get bounced around like a pinball, so we keep to the outside. In a good moment, they say they can relate, but we know they only relate on a very surface level.

But if we sneak close and listen to them, we find out that most all of them live lives of desperate solitude; they huddle close like good herd animals, yet rarely experience real fellowship. Even their closest relationships - the bond of marriage - is always a mixed blessing. And look out; your best friend might sleep with your spouse. Tsunamis and bears couldn't be much worse.

As much as I am genetically one of those herd animals, I can't live with your typical amount of social exposure to them; I don't have high expectations of other humans. I used to! And what a miserable mess that was! Not understanding that I was of a breed apart, I expected people to be rational and often held them to that standard. Now I understand that my own thinking doesn't meet their standards, either. So it sounds like a standoff, right? My way vs. their way. Not really a standoff because there's a whole lot more of them. So I stay on the outskirts and try to be satisfied with what cautiously-sampled fellowship I can get. It's better than the pain of expecting them to live up to my standards.

Yes high standards are hard and I go both ways I want the best from others and when I receive the best I am delighted because that is what I think I deserve bit I know a lot of people treat you like rubbish or betray you and it hurts a lot.
And trauma is when you have been abused and just over and over again and struggle to heal from it.

I always want the best but things hold me back from overcoming obstacles. I think of what I want but have no idea how to get there in one piece without fearing the worst.
And without worrying about all the crazy rubbish I do not want to worry about.
Autistics can feel on the outer. I want do much love, I want to be loved to death and cannot yet see how to achieve it as a lonely woman.
I'm why do I not get loved and treated right because I'm lovely and deserve it.

If you feel you have serious PTSD, then it might be worthwhile to engage in therapy. We aren't trained mental health experts, and just because we may not understand your pain, or we may not sound compassionate, this is a group of diverse people who are very supportive of every forum member. Some people have benefited immensely from therapy, and ptsd can be difficult to work thru without help. Talking thru what you feel is traumatic might help you feel more centered and less disconnected.

I do not know why...
Because feeling like hurt from childhood trauma does not feel normal.
And I just do not always understand in my mind because then I think life is supposed to be harsh which does not feel right.
I cannot live a harsh life and it does not agree with my soul.
I know problems, issues exist but I cannot just suck it up and live something so harsh, feels wrong.
Just feels stupid.
Like why would someone want you to experience, this what is the lesson. Have no feelings?
Stoics and sly and cunning people win.
Being Stoic is not having no feelings. It is about having control over responses to things that you have no control over and to be a positive influence in your community. I enjoy being introspective to understand what I have done well and things that need improvement. That has taught me to enjoy others. Like yesterday when the bike club had our end of season pot luck. I enjoyed making a tasty hash brown casserole and talking to people. Some of them quite talented. I like so many of them.

I do not want to be accepted because I accept myself.
I want to be loved like I matter
I know there are people in my life who do love me
But I just want it to make sense.
To me you can be accepted more easily because some people are not that mean
But to have people in your life that seem happy you are there and pay you attention is rare at least it has been in my life.
Who can help you, support you and love you with a caring and cheerful disposition sometimes
Accepting yourself is the first step. A big change to my life came when my future spouse accepted me when we went from being friends to lovers. To see oneself reflected in a person who loves and accepts you is profound, especially for me when before meeting her I was recovering from feeling damaged and undesirable.

New Threads

Top Bottom