• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I just have to live my own life

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
This is a little bit about something I've struggled with my entire life, the danger of comparison shopping (which I know is wrong), this is very much about photography combined with life experiences...

I'll see a photo a friend posted, and my first thought is "why didn't I see that?" and "why wasn't I there"?, and the immediate feeling that I missed the most perfect photo opportunity, simply because I can't be everywhere all at once, as if that isn't obvious in the first place...

Just now, browsing through a Facebook group for abandoned prairie photos, all the fantastic finds people have made and photographed, but not me, I never find stuff like that... Even wondering how people manage to get out that often to take the photos, I have to watch my money so tight I can only afford a few road trips per year...

One friend of mine who always makes the most fantastic abandoned prairie finds, admittedly it is his business effectively so he is more likely to get leads on stuff...

Cars? Don't get me started, I live in hinterland (AKA western Canada) with a love of vintage European cars, the more unusual the better, which is something rather scarce where I live... It drives me crazy to see photos of neat European classic cars, cars I know I'll never see, instead all I ever is classic American cars which are far less interesting to me...

But... I know I need to quit thinking like that, because my life is unique in it's own way, still full of it's own opportunities and adventures, and has it's own perspective that is uniquely mine...

New Threads

Top Bottom