• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have to start at what unholy time?

It doesn't matter how long I sleep, I have problems waking up before 9 am. I will wake up and leave the house for work just fine but I can be a bit out of it, half-asleep even, for the first half of the day, especially without coffee. If I wake up before 6, I will most probably be groggy and/or cranky for the whole day.

Or you could be like the twenty something woman I once saw in the city on my way to work at eight o'clock in the morning. She had on shoes and she was carrying a purse, that was all.
The police roared up and covered her with a blanket, before she reached an elementary school. Have no idea what that was about, still puzzled by it many years later.

Or you could be like the twenty something woman I once saw in the city on my way to work at eight o'clock in the morning. She had on shoes and she was carrying a purse, that was all.
The police roared up and covered her with a blanket, before she reached an elementary school. Have no idea what that was about, still puzzled by it many years later.
am I correct in thinking a purse is a handbag not a coin purse?:)

am I correct in thinking a purse is a handbag not a coin purse?

A handbag is a bag or purse for money, keys, carried by women most often. As opposed to a coin purse that is far smaller and usually carried inside the handbag:)

A handbag is a bag or purse for money, keys, carried by women most often. As opposed to a coin purse that is far smaller and usually carried inside the handbag:)
British definition purse is the shortened term for coin purse and handbag or cross body bag or backpack to hold coin purse ,which is also a holder of cards :club,store ,saver,identity and now the abomination that is called a denomination of 5,10,20 notes.

So l am applying for job that starts at 7:00 am. But l need to leave at 6am which means l need to wake up 5am. Because l am a eveing doer of things ; jobs, shopping, general life stuff. This was the only thing l could say about LA. That place is open 24/7.

Do you have morning issues? Once l left for work with two different black heels, had to come back home and change.

I don’t have morning issues, but I do have sleep issues. I normally wake up 1-2 hours after going to sleep, get up, go back to sleep, and then repeat this cycle a couple times before getting up for good at 5/5:30 AM. I wish I could sleep without waking up.

I don’t have morning issues, but I do have sleep issues. I normally wake up 1-2 hours after going to sleep, get up, go back to sleep, and then repeat this cycle a couple times before getting up for good at 5/5:30 AM. I wish I could sleep without waking up.

Have you tried melatonin at various doses? Maybe timed-release melatonin?

I'm a morning person, much more effective and focussed earlier on, although I can do afternoon or even evening focusing if necessary. I like to work something like 8 til 1pm then 1.30 til 4 if it's a full day, but ideally less than that...

Have you tried melatonin at various doses? Maybe timed-release melatonin?

I have, but was cautioned against it by a medical doctor. So, I take magnesium glycinate and another supplement which apparently doesn’t work. Maybe I should try the time released melatonin? The concern as I recall it was that melatonin could screw up sleep patterns, but mine are already screwed up.

I have, but was cautioned against it by a medical doctor. So, I take magnesium glycinate and another supplement which apparently doesn’t work. Maybe I should try the time released melatonin? The concern as I recall it was that melatonin could screw up sleep patterns, but mine are already screwed up.

That's interesting, I've never heard of any of that. Sure magnesium is said to help relax you but not to the extent that it would have a major impact on sleep. And I've never heard of melatonin messing up sleep patterns. It's intended to fix them. I've been using it nightly for over a decade, at the advice of a neurologist. My sleep was inconsistent and life-ruining before I used melatonin. I only use .3mg, which is typically only sold online, with stores selling much higher doses. Higher doses, though, have antioxidant properties.

That's interesting, I've never heard of any of that. Sure magnesium is said to help relax you but not to the extent that it would have a major impact on sleep. And I've never heard of melatonin messing up sleep patterns. It's intended to fix them. I've been using it nightly for over a decade, at the advice of a neurologist. My sleep was inconsistent and life-ruining before I used melatonin. I only use .3mg, which is typically only sold online, with stores selling much higher doses. Higher doses, though, have antioxidant properties.

I will give it a try. At the dose you take I wouldn’t think it wouls be a problem. Thanks for mentioning this!

I found one possible reason who Melatonin might not be a good idea. There is a warning against taking it if one has autoimmune issues, which I have in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Melatonin strengthens the immune response, which in my case could result in worse psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis. I will have to discuss with my doctor before trying this.

Five days a week my job starts at 7 AM, I get up about 5:45 AM, leave the house and drive to work at just after 6 AM, stop for a coffee at the convenience store, arrive by about 6:40 AM

And notably, I am not a morning person! But I've dealt with it for 10 years now, I'm such a night owl that I have trouble going to bed before 11 PM

Because the job is production oriented, I have to be there when the work day starts, no room for negotiation... I have just simply learned to live with it

If I ever had a job that started as early as 5 AM (some people do), I don't think I could pull it off

Five days a week my job starts at 7 AM, I get up about 5:45 AM, leave the house and drive to work at just after 6 AM, stop for a coffee at the convenience store, arrive by about 6:40 AM

And notably, I am not a morning person! But I've dealt with it for 10 years now, I'm such a night owl that I have trouble going to bed before 11 PM

Because the job is production oriented, I have to be there when the work day starts, no room for negotiation... I have just simply learned to live with it

If I ever had a job that started as early as 5 AM (some people do), I don't think I could pull it off

Thanks, you give me hope. l need this job because it contributes to adulting which l guess l need to be respected in this lifetime. But it is only 3 days a week. I passed one interview so we are on to second interview. Thanks everyone. It maybe a another ASPIE with a great job story!!! Think and send positive affirmations to the donut entity. Small note; there is a dunkin donut across the street, l really think this is a godly intervention. lol

To-day I have to be somewhere, and looking presentable/normal/respectable, by 8.30 a.m. It takes about 25 minutes to get there.

So I was awake and having palpitations by 2.30 a.m. The only reason I didn't get out of bed straight away was, my electricity is cheaper between about 3.15 a.m. and 10.15 a.m. so naturally I try not to use any lights or hot water etc. before the Cheap Rate phase starts. I hate getting wet and I hate putting clothes on, so I still haven't actually managed to force myself into the bathroom and it's nearly 6.45 a.m. where I am, but I've already just about decided what clothes I'll wear and history indicates I'll be out of the house by 7.30 at the latest, and when I arrive 30 or 45 minutes early and in a state of panic everyone will laugh at me. But they'll probably make me a cup of tea too. They are kind of used to this by now...

But I tend to become suicidally depressed in the afternoons, whereas I can sometimes get lots of things done in the early mornings, so my body-clock must be a few hours out of synch with the rotation of the planet: I have heard that this is common in cases of mental disorder.

Thanks, you give me hope. l need this job because it contributes to adulting which l guess l need to be respected in this lifetime. But it is only 3 days a week. I passed one interview so we are on to second interview. Thanks everyone. It maybe a another ASPIE with a great job story!!! Think and send positive affirmations to the donut entity. Small note; there is a dunkin donut across the street, l really think this is a godly intervention. lol
photographs of Dunkin’ Donuts please I can only eat vegan doughnuts and can’t find them very often

For you and respecting the faith of @Tom the donut God
AFB796A2-8C84-413B-9C7A-580286455777.jpeg

When it comes to a job, they are paying you. So, if the company/job doesn't have flexible hours, or if there is a certain need, basically you probably have to meet that need or you can be let go. Part of your "job description" is balancing your sleep. I'm not a morning person either. Do whatever you have to do to try to make it all work and keep your job and/or find another one that makes enough money that fits your patterns better asap.

www.sleepio.com can help give you good sleep suggestions to try to adjust.

If your current job doesn't pay you too much and you have a relatively newer car, and live in/near a big city, consider Lyft/Uber as they have flexible hours. Consider a referral (from me) and you could end up with bonus money your first month too.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom