• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have to start at what unholy time?

Aspychata

Serenity waves, beachy vibes
V.I.P Member
So l am applying for job that starts at 7:00 am. But l need to leave at 6am which means l need to wake up 5am. Because l am a eveing doer of things ; jobs, shopping, general life stuff. This was the only thing l could say about LA. That place is open 24/7.

Do you have morning issues? Once l left for work with two different black heels, had to come back home and change.

what is morning !I wake anywhere between 2 am and 7 am,so your morning could be half through me being awake .

For me, morning issues are really going-to-bed-early issues. Every night, I have to tell myself to go to bed so tomorrow will be a good day.

Monday, I got to bed before 9. Tuesday was a good day.

Last night, social and family duties kept me up until 11:30. Today, I've been at work for 3 hours, had the caffeine equivalent of two cups of coffee, and I'm still waiting to be functional.

I've always been a night person. Don't do mornings - get nothing done until after noon, sometimes later if I don't wake up until 11. :) it just takes me a while to get started. I remember when I was 18 and I had a breakfast waitress job and I was so miserable every morning I'd feel sick and have to go lay down in the bathroom here and there. I've just never been able to do it. And I've always told people "I can sit up until 6 a.m., but I can't get up at 6."

Need at least two hours to wake up before I go anywhere. And no one can talk to me before that, that's my rule. A family member asked me a question once before the two hours were up, and I got angry and then eventually began to cry.

Obviously you need to discuss this with your employer. The USA has freedom of religion, so if a boss wants you to come at an Unholy time (normally reserved for sacrificing babies and drinking the blood of goats) you could ask for leniency regarding this for religious reasons.

Not sure how to define myself... but I hate going to bed and I hate having to get out of bed. If I'm in there I want to stay there and if I'm out of there I don't want to go in there. Quite a conundrum.

I am definitely a morning person and need to remind myself not to pile too much information on anyone in the morning. Just because I can roll out of bed, land on my feet and start running doesn't mean that most other people can do that as well. I like it though.

also don't do heels.

heels, I vary from a very stormy sea or bleep bleep ive sprained my ankle ,to wobble please dont let me fall over, to these creations are instruments of torture ,add hypermobility syndrome Im reed richards from the fantastic four

Last edited:
I wanted to put "funny" but that's too early for anything in the world to be funny. I usually wake up around 8am, but I agreed to an occasional job which requires me to wake up at 6am and it makes me hate all things.

So l am applying for job that starts at 7:00 am. But l need to leave at 6am which means l need to wake up 5am. Because l am a eveing doer of things ; jobs, shopping, general life stuff. This was the only thing l could say about LA. That place is open 24/7.

Do you have morning issues? Once l left for work with two different black heels, had to come back home and change.
and you might hear pharrell williams singing

I have been a morning person all of my life. I still get up a 6:00 am, even in my old age. However, I fall asleep around 9:00 pm, so I get enough sleep. I do not like the heat, so in the summer I like to be wherever I need to be early as possible

morning.gif

Pretty much like that for me.

I'm not a morning person - I have to set my alarm to be ready by 9 am, and having to get up early makes me feel tired, brain-fogged and irratible - don't like it at all.

add to that didnt sleep til 4am what is 4am I used to be comatose then im not joking

I'm a morning person, definitely.

About 10 years ago I bought a Lumie alarm clock, its an absolute game-changer!

I set the alarm for 6am and it starts to gently start glowing at 5:30am, gradually over the course of 30 minutes it wakes me up really slowly. It feels like a really gentle way to come into the day - when I don't use it and wake up to a phone alarm I feel really grumpy for the day.

I think they're on amazon etc...

Getting up before daybreak actually triggers my PTSD, so I hate getting up early. I'm a night-owl by nature, and sleep is a real struggle for me. My current job USUALLY lets me sleep until 7a most of the week, with just a couple of days of getting up before the butt-crack of dawn (4:30a), but these past few weeks I've had to get up between 4 and 6a to get to work, and I can't people right now. I'm too tired and cranky. I have morning rituals that take me about 2 hours, and every element is absolutely NECESSARY for me to do my job, so there's that.

I had a job in a hospital once where I had to get up at 4 every morning to be on time, because of the commute. I did this for half a year and then I quit because I’d often come home at 9PM and I had no time left to have a life. That being said, I am a morning person and normally wake up between 6 and 7. My current job’s building opens at 6:45, which is usually when I clock in because I like working in the peace and quiet before my colleagues show up around 9.

New Threads

Top Bottom