• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I have no Aspie ftiends

Things which I found annoying in a lot of the people I met at the autism support group where: talking over other people, distasteful or inappropriate humour (there was one man in particular who seemed incapable of not making sexual jokes and innuendo every other sentence), a tendency to unnecessarily or incorrectly correct others, lots of complaining (though this is probably to be expected in any support group), and the way some of the men persistently and ineptly tried to hit on the few women present. Basically it can all be put down to poor social skills which is par for the course.

The sexual innuendos that you are describing are very worrying. Althought, I've met some men (they are not asperger or autistic) who behave like this too (or worse). I think it's a matter of learning manners and respecting boundaries.

I think we "come in all shapes". Just like NTs. There are Aspies I'd love to meet and some that I don't want to talk to.

The sexual innuendos that you are describing are very worrying. Althought, I've met some men (they are not asperger or autistic) who behave like this too (or worse). I think it's a matter of learning manners and respecting boundaries.
Oh so have I. I unfortunately have to interact with one man who is much the same on a semi regular basis who as far as I know isn't on the spectrum. I tend to be more understanding and forgiving of ASD people acting inappropriately as I can at least assume it is down to genuine ignorance and social disability (not that I don't think ASD people have a duty to learn not to make others uncomfortable in such a way just as NT people do), while this other man knows very well that he makes many women extremely uncomfortable but is simply too arrogant and entitled to care.

New Threads

Top Bottom