• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I hate bitter people

Kit

I really can't stand them. They are very disturbing because of the things they say and they really bother me. I even try avoiding them as friends but I made a mistake of being friends with one of them thinking she has changed because she didn't do it on the forums anymore. But wrong, she still does it but keeps them off the forums. And worst of all, she doesn't even know she is being bitter.

I hate the "Everyone should die" or "No one deserves to have good money if I can't have it" and them blaming their problems on someone else who had nothing to do with it and wishing bad stuff to happen to people just because they have things you don't have.

My friend came online today and started her greeting with "I hate this world" I don't remember her exact words because I clicked out of the window and logged out because I didn't want to hear it.

I used to tease someone online an give him heard time because he said disturbing things and he was very bitter and he spammed a forum with his issues and ignored everyone's advice. Then after a while I thought he was a troll and he was doing it all for attention. I thought if everyone would just ignore him, he would just go away and find another place to dump his crap at to get attention. But I got told he was just very bitter and has emotional problems and fits the profile of someone with BPD.

Now I just try and avoid them on the forums by not reading their thread.

Anyone else here who also can't stand them and do you find them easy to troll? They seriously piss me off.

Yeah, bitter people do my head in all the time.
Some people are happy with what they have, but bitter people will always be bitter, so it's best to ignore them, I find

I cant stand the fact that people are so bitter today, i get told that im better with my thoughts because i have suicide thoughts like half of the times and i really cant help the way iam.

im actually a little offended by this thread but hey, at least your speaking your mind.

I don't like bitter people either. I think it's just better to leave them to it really. Offering to help someone out is always a good thing, but unfortunately there's not a lot you can do for those who turn you away. Let them know you're there though, if ever they feel ready to accept help instead of blaming their problems on others.

I can't really blame somebody for having a really depressive time but I know its like you don't know what to do and everything but I would also leave them alone, I would normally try to help the other person to feel better and it normally works at times (but not all the time).

I can't really blame somebody for having a really depressive time but I know its like you don't know what to do and everything but I would also leave them alone, I would normally try to help the other person to feel better and it normally works at times (but not all the time).

Quoted for the truth!

Anyways back on the topic, people can be better for many reasons. It what makes them bitter that gets me mad. :S I can't changed the reason why they turned bitter. I try to make them feel better or change their views, but sometimes it doesn't help.

What can I say, you can't help everybody in the world. Trolling people with severe emotional problems/issues doesn't help them, it only drives them to the edge. >_<; So think about that before you start trolling people.

Aw heck, I can even be bitter at times for different reasons alone. We have have reasons to be bitter, but don't let it change you entirely. Just get it out of your system or let it go per-say. Talk to a professional about it.

Now to answer the question... My answer is, well I don't hate bitter people. In fact, I feel bad for them. :( I feel bad that they have hate and bitterness in their hearts. :S

It is why I don't watch the news.
It is why I don't date/reships.
It is why I don't pay any atention to politicks or news or other growedup junk.

That I don't feel bitter 98% of the time.

I live in Tiggerville where everyone is happy and
nobody has to be a growedup,
everyone gets a kittypuss to love,
everyone gets to play.

Nobody has to fight.
Nobody has to be sad.
No one has to be in a reships oif they
don't want to.

It is always raining cool soft rain and never
any yucky hot snyunsnyine.

It is always happy in Tiggerville.

I also don't care much for bitter people. There are so many of them, in this world, today. I take their attitude as an example of how I don't wish to be. Why be bitter? Life is too short.:nah:

I do get annoyed at what I perceive to be overly bitter people. I'm not always the cheeriest person, and I rather enjoy cynicism so long as it is only one point of view. I have people in my life that are facing some very serious issues that indeed would lead to some bitterness, but I often have to say to them "Okay, now can you tell me something positive about ___". As I'm in line with everyone here, that constantly bitter people are best avoided.

Mainly because of mimicking...I don't know if this is an Aspie trait or not, but I tend to take on the personalities and attitudes of the people I'm around.

I do not hate even if the people concerned are arseholes. I just avoid them and smile at them. Hating is their business, while keeping my inner self calm is mine.

I do not hate even if the people concerned are arseholes. I just avoid them and smile at them. Hating is their business, while keeping my inner self calm is mine.
This, I would say is key here,'Hating' life,or experiences in life is their business. I have tried to help out an individule who I see as extremly sapient,and at times very funny with his sense of humor,but had an 'Eyore' outlook on life,not somuch the people,but lack of money,and opulent conforts that he had wanted. I had tried to get him interested in seeing the beauty in simple things,but this backfired [lesson learned here] and I had to back up,and out to keep my own self from catching the doldrums that he is suffering from. Sometimes it is up to the individule to see his own lack of love for life,before another could ever help to lift him from the doldrums.

My neighbor says she hates her grandson.

Me: Why?
Her: He drools.
Me: He's how old? Three?
Her: Yeah. 3. He was premature and had surgery twice before he was 6 months old.
Me: That must have been hard.
Her: Yeah. They pulled his insides out and re-arranged them.
Me: It takes awhile to get over that kind of thing.
Her: He talks funny, too. I can't understand what he says.
Me: He has some catching up to do.
Her: Yeah.
Me: Why bother to hate a piece of meat? It's the behaviors you don't like.

I will not say that I hate bitter people, because I do not hate anyone. That being said, I do not care for a bitter attitude. Someone else's negative outlook can drain the energy out of you if you allow it. I do not allow it, though. I do understand that there are things that go on in this world that are not fair/just, but when it seems that all that is coming from someone is negativity, it is time for me to check out. I limit my time around those people as much as possible. Life is too short for someone to have all that built up inside.

bears.jpg

Fortunately, she was a sweet little thing. :)

I hate the people who caused me to be so bitter.

All bon mots aside, I feel like you really have to question someone who's spouting such rhetoric, and the reasons why they do it. Critical thinking and a conscience of compassion is vital in dealing with situations like this. It can indeed be frustrating to hear people scream about how much this world sucks and all that, but try walking a couple of meters in their shoes. They may have a very legitimate rationale behind their disappointment in the world. (Often times though, not so much.)

I felt drawn to a couple former (emphasis on former) friends of mine because of their frustration in the world, which I could relate to, but when I found out about the bullsh*t "ammunition" that they use against humanity (either petty issues or things that are actually beneficial) I felt shocked and betrayed, so I dropped them out of my life. And that's part of why I'm so bitter! And, part of why I can honestly say I no longer visit certain internet forums, or do so very rarely.

All I'll say is, that with AspiesCentral, I'm on the right planet! :wink:

Hmm. 'Bitter' is vague. It could mean any number of things in any number of situations. I've also rarely met people who were bitter across the board about everything.

Being bitter doesn't automatically make a person intentionally or unintentionally harmful, in my experience. I'm definitely bitter in some ways, and for good reason. If people find that hard to take, I'm glad they didn't have to go through what I had to go through to be this way.

I get the impression that it's also very easy to be labelled 'bitter' or 'caustic' these days because of the forced optimism that is touted so much. You know, 'you can be / do anything you want to!'. In fact, you can't. There are just too many variables you can't control, never mind people sometimes actively working against you. If, as a result, you don't think everything is sunshine and roses, that would show to me that you're grounded in reality rather than bitter. But I know from personal experience that many people see it differently.

I don't personally use 'bitter' because I see it as a negative judgment of realism. Toxicity is a thing, but I don't use it synonymously with bitter.

New Threads

Top Bottom