• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I had another meltdown today..

Shaun-Junior Bishop

Yesterday was rough, i had one of the worst meltdowns since i was a child and today while in class these kids were banging and screaming through a window outside the class and it just got too much for me, i put my noise cancelling headphones on but it was too late, i couldnt stop pacing, sweating and all my senses felt overwhelming. I tried to relax in the wellbeing room which is design to be dark and quiet for people on the spectrum but my mind was racing and nothing made sense. I ended up leaving and going to my mothers work because she was close and by the time i got there i was soaked in sweat, i couldnt speak and i ended up hurting my chest from hitting it over and over. It exhausted me, i felt so mentally drained and i ended up missing the class and a test but they will allow me to do it another day.

I have my assessment tomorrow and i think its just too much for me and its triggering overload and i just hope it gets better.

Sorry you are having so much distress. Things will get better. It's okay to tell the people doing your assessment that this has happened yesterday and today and you feel like you are not back to normal yet.

Another thing that might help is getting some exercise. Running or walking can be helpful.

New Threads

Top Bottom