• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel guilty I'm eating too much

I'm in loveeee with this pupppp
pet-dog.gif

I get it. I’m an emotional eater, a stress eater, a depression eater… plus, I am passionate about food. But when life gets hard I can’t bring myself to cook healthy food, and I just grab what’s comforting, easy and close by. Which is usually something loaded with refined carbs and saturated fat. And then the shame cycle recommences.

Easier said than done, but if you feel bad about eating too much and eating unhealthy stuff, it’s best to just make sure it isn’t available to you. Don’t buy snacks you know you’ll feel guilty when you eat them later.
Make it harder to have food brought to your house too. For example, I deleted some food delivery apps from my phone to remove one of my triggers for getting my snack fix (“I’m just browsing for inspiration on what to cook” is a great lie I tell myself over and over).

@Roxiee, overeating is not a matter of "guilt" vs. "innocence."
At worst, it is a matter of misjudgment.
No harm; no foul.
Just make desired improvements next time.

New Threads

Top Bottom