• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don`t know how to live this life.

Writing is easier for me than talking too, even more so in English, which isn't my native language either. One great advantage of writing is that I can edit sentences and words as many times as I want to before actually posting them. While speaking I feel more pressured to reply immediately and tend to mess up words or the sentence structure more in order to do this quickly enough. Plus, you don't have to consider pronunciation while writing.
So true; even though my native language is English I still find myself when I write going to the thesaurus to find the right word to convey my thoughts. I am an American although heritage almost 100 percent German. I read that German is one of the most difficult languages to learn.
When younger and not nearly as proficient at verbalizing as I am today I would write in a journal for my therapist to peruse. That helped me immensely in not only conveying my thoughts to him but to hone my writing skills. I love writing.
I give people much credit and respect whose native language is not English but are required to use it to communicate on websites such as these. I would find it nearly impossible if I was required to have to translate the pictures in my mind to a foreign language (it's tough enough to do it at times with my native tongue). I would be one frustrated human being :eek:

i was trying to do this. but i can hear tv from other room anyway.I can not tell my parents what they have to do. it will be a violation of subordination and relationships between elders and youngers. but sometimes they try not to touch me and to behave quietly when I study. I share a room with my younger brother and he loves playing games and yelling loudly. this is hell but i mostly study at my uni in library or at lectures
Okay, I understand.
I didn't mean that you should command your parents, so they have to do something. I rather thought about talking about the issues, so they don't feel as if you command them, but can work on a solution together with you without violating the relationship dynamic you mentioned.
It's good that you can retreat at the library though.
When younger and not nearly as proficient at verbalizing as I am today I would write in a journal for my therapist to peruse. That helped me immensely in not only conveying my thoughts to him but to hone my writing skills. I love writing.
I wrote journals for several years. It wasn't for a therapist, but only for myself. It helped me too. I could analyze situations as well as my thoughts and emotions this way.
I would find it nearly impossible if I was required to have to translate the pictures in my mind to a foreign language (it's tough enough to do it at times with my native tongue). I would be one frustrated human being :eek:
I was more often frustrated at the beginning, but lots of practice helped. I am used to writing in English now and feel more confident than some years ago.
However, it can be difficult to actually begin with this in the first place since the frustration and the fear of making mistakes can be obstacles at this point and prevent further development.

New Threads

Top Bottom