• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Can't Stand Clothes

society has yet to get to a point where full on public nudity is ok. you'll have to confine yourself to your room for the time being.

I personally would not like to be walking around naked or see other people walking around naked.
Yeah. I usually take most my clothes off when I'm in my room. My mom says that I have to at least have underwear and/or socks on. I kinda hate it, tho. Why can't I just get naked in my room and walk around naked in my room? After all, that's why people have separate rooms to themselves when they live together unless they're married and it's their own house. I just wanna get naked in my room and be myself that way. I don't even want to touch myself during that time, so I don't get why that matters that much to them. It's kinda weird.

Yeah. I usually take most my clothes off when I'm in my room. My mom says that I have to at least have underwear and/or socks on. I kinda hate it, tho. Why can't I just get naked in my room and walk around naked in my room? After all, that's why people have separate rooms to themselves when they live together unless they're married and it's their own house. I just wanna get naked in my room and be myself that way. I don't even want to touch myself during that time, so I don't get why that matters that much to them. It's kinda weird.
They probably don't want to walk in on you and see you completely nude.

They probably don't want to walk in on you and see you completely nude.
I tend to think that it's more of a "I can't stand to think that, on the other side of that door" type of thing.
Puritanical types have been trying to control other people's private lives for centuries.

If it's my room, you'd better:
A) Not just "walk in", and
B) Be prepared for me to be comfortable if you do.

If you knock, I'll make the appropriate adjustment for merging my space with that of the outside world, which I do by (unlocking and) opening my door.

I tend to think that it's more of a "I can't stand to think that, on the other side of that door" type of thing.
Puritanical types have been trying to control other people's private lives for centuries.

If it's my room, you'd better:
A) Not just "walk in", and
B) Be prepared for me to be comfortable if you do.

If you knock, I'll make the appropriate adjustment for merging my space with that of the outside world, which I do by (unlocking and) opening my door.
Lol. I keep telling my parents to open the door whenever they knock if I don't say "come in." I kinda find it offensive, to be honest. After all, if you're visiting somebody else's house, you don't go in until they explicitly say that you can do so.

as long as you're under your parents roof you gotta abide by their rules.

who knows, maybe you'll grow out of this.
Yeah, I guess I gotta follow their rules, even though it means discomfort. I do not want to disrespect them. I'd feel awful if I do.

I don't think I will grow out of it. It seems like I keep on getting more bothered by my clothes as time goes on.

I really hate wearing clothes. I prefer to be naked...

Most people are a problem. They do not understand nor do they care.

Let me suggest that you find places you can be nude and safe. When I was 18, I posed for figure study classes. There are a few beaches where you can be nude but I have no clue how far from you they'd be. There are nudist resorts but they tend to be squeamish about letting in single males. You might head deep into the wild to enjoy yourself, far from others.

I feel the same way myself and have since my earliest memories. It's not easy being nude.

Lately certain textures in clothes bother me. I completely stretch out elastic in pants with my feet or whatever l have. I hate too tight elastic. I don't like towels if rough texture. I love my polar fleece blanket with owls on it. Forever Lazy sells grownup onsies which are soooo comfortable. They are online. Clothes have to be comfortable these days.

I remember having a sweater from high school forever and l like my favorites, they sorta turn into security blankets for me when l go out. They are my shield on my bad days. If l was a guy, l could wear the same things over and over. Lol

I just discovered this thread and like most of the respondents I too like to be au naturel as much as possible. Have been thus since I was a kid tho my opportunities most of my life were severely limited. For many years I had a goal to visit a clothing optional resort but never had the chance. Now that I am retired I certainly have the time to visit one wherever it may be but wouldn't you know that now my AS is at a point where I can't manage to be around very many people, especially strangers, without risking a panic attack. So, guess I will just have to enjoy my freedom from clothing at home (since I live alone).

Joshua, yes while you live with your parents you will have to abide by their rules; altho it does seem fair to me that you could be nude in your room and if they wanted you, they could knock on your door. Meanwhile, you can set a goal of getting your own place and prepare for it (by working, saving money, etc) so that when you turn 18 you will be ready to move.

For those who find clothing too uncomfortable, let me recommend bamboo items. I discovered bamboo underwear this winter and it is SO comfortable, it feels like you aren't wearing any. And I just heard there is also bamboo outerwear too altho I have not tried it. While nothing beats being totally nude, bamboo clothing can definitely make the clothing we HAVE to wear more bearable.

For those who find clothing too uncomfortable, let me recommend bamboo items. I discovered bamboo underwear this winter and it is SO comfortable, it feels like you aren't wearing any. And I just heard there is also bamboo outerwear too altho I have not tried it. While nothing beats being totally nude, bamboo clothing can definitely make the clothing we HAVE to wear more bearable.

I've tried the Bamboo clothing and found they are truly very lightweight, soft and comfortable.
Only problem is I don't know where to find them!
What few I have I just accidently found in outlet stores like Ross, Burlington, etc.
And another drawback is they are pricey.
But, they are comfortable.

Interesting to me is we HAVE to wear clothes.
Wonder who invented that rule to the degree it is so strong it became illegal not too?
Hmmmm...

I am the opposite - I hate not wearing clothes (but then again, I also hate wearing anything other than undergarments, jeans, sneakers, and T-shirts, with an added jacket if it’s cold). I’m extremely self-conscious and get paranoid about other people seeing me naked or partially unclothed, plus I hate feeling all the different textures and air movement and stuff all over my body, I’d much rather have comfortable clothes against my skin.

upload_2020-7-28_10-31-52.jpeg

New Threads

Top Bottom