• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I Can't Stand Clothes

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
I really hate wearing clothes. I prefer to be naked. I hate wearing jeans, especially since Levi and other companies who make jeans tend to make them either too tight, and I feel like somebody is constantly squeezing my wastes, or just barely tight enough, and I end up not being able to wear them with a belt on. Jeans also seem to make a ton of noise when I walk and the legs rub up against each other even if they only do so just slightly. Even shorts without zippers, belt loops, or buttons seem to bother me.

Sitting down in certain ways kinda feels like whatever shirts or jackets I'm wearing always irritate me. The seams on the clothing are worse. Every time I try to move a seem into a more comfortable position, it seems like it resets itself back to an irritating half a second later.

I just wish being naked all the time was socially acceptable everywhere, with the only exceptions being hazardous jobs such as construction and combat. I don't like wearing clothes. While most people I know feel less vulnerable and more confident clothed, I feel invulnerable and not confident at all. I feel invulnerable and confident whenever I'm in the process of taking the shower, during which I'm nude for the most part. During that time, I'm at my peak levels of con.

I hate clothes, I just want to get rid of them and be naked for the rest of my life! I hate it!

Why does nudity have to be banned from public places? Why can't we just be allowed to be naked all the time? My parents even say I have to have at least underwear while in my room by myself? Can anybody else relate? Any thoughts?

Yes, absolutely. When I was a little kid my mom said I was always taking my clothes off!
Here is what I have found comfortable.
Buy clothes a size or two larger. Cotton. Sweatpants, leggings, large t shirts. Soft Henley style shirts. Even socks a size larger are more comfortable. I only wear underwear if I have too. Underwear is the worst and clothes that don’t stretch or give a little are awful. Cut out all tags. Wash clothes with an extra rinse, it makes them softer.

Yes, absolutely. When I was a little kid my mom said I was always taking my clothes off!
Here is what I have found comfortable.
Buy clothes a size or two larger. Cotton. Sweatpants, leggings, large t shirts. Soft Henley style shirts. Even socks a size larger are more comfortable. I only wear underwear if I have too. Underwear is the worst and clothes that don’t stretch or give a little are awful. Cut out all tags. Wash clothes with an extra rinse, it makes them softer.
Thanks for the input! Also, what do you think I should do for clothing for more formal events? I plan on going to my high school's prom.

I'm opposite, but I do buy tops that are too big so they fit loosely, But I need to feel something against me. But it does have to be right - necklines that are too big and I'm constantly pulling it up on my shoulder. Waist has to be where it's supposed to be. I alter most things I wear and I will only wear flared pants or bell bottoms and will make my own if I can't find what I want. Don't like to feel jeans tight around my shins, but I like knee socks.
But in reading your post I remembered when I was working as a nurse in home health we had a patient who lived in a nudist colony that we had to go see. It was a bit cold and I remember driving through the first time looking for her mobile home and there was an older man with just a tshirt on, bent over working on his engine. Guess he needed something to keep him warm. Anyhow - that's an option.

For the prom you will have to wear uncomfortable clothes I’m afraid. But, if you stand up most of the time it helps when you are wearing stiff clothes.
Just think to yourself now and then that when you get home you can take them off! And you can think how good you look all dressed up!

I found one type of shorts and one type of shirt that I feel comfortable in and bought enough of them to wear only those.

And I've always said, "Why is it fancy to be uncomfortable?" I've resisted formal clothing my whole life!

My security guard uniform is agony. It's 100% cheap polyester and causes me to itch everywhere.
Lol. And, since it's standard-issue, you can't swap it out for a better one. Also, I didn't know you where a security guard? What do you guard, and are you an armed or unarmed guard?

I agree, naked is better. I hate wearing clothes, but have found acceptable clothing that keeps me covered while being mostly tolerable. I only wear one kind of pants or shorts, one kind of underwear, v-neck t-shirts from the men's section, and flannel or cotton button-down shirts. No bra's unless I'm in a professional situation or working out in a public space.

Its a dream of mine to live in the middle of no-where so I can be naked as much as possible. I even found a local nudist resort that I plan on visiting sometime. Clothes are evil, and I don't understand why people get so weirded out by seeing a naked body anyhow...its natural!

I agree, naked is better. I hate wearing clothes, but have found acceptable clothing that keeps me covered while being mostly tolerable. I only wear one kind of pants or shorts, one kind of underwear, v-neck t-shirts from the men's section, and flannel or cotton button-down shirts. No bra's unless I'm in a professional situation or working out in a public space.

Its a dream of mine to live in the middle of no-where so I can be naked as much as possible. I even found a local nudist resort that I plan on visiting sometime. Clothes are evil, and I don't understand why people get so weirded out by seeing a naked body anyhow...its natural!

I switched to jogging pants. The kind that resemble causal slacks. They have elastic waistband and cuffs. They look good and are very comfortable compared to jeans.

I can agree that clothing is irritating, but I'm not confident enough to be going around naked haha!

Florida naturalist here.
I do visit nudist colonies. We have quite a few in central Florida.
There are apartment communities to live in and even neighborhoods of individual homes,
if you have the money.
I would prefer to live somewhere isolated enough I could just go natural all the time with no one
around to bother me.
I don't wear clothes inside the house and at one time had a completely fenced in area behind the house
as a garden. Could just walk in and out as I wanted, not having to think if I was clothed or not.

@TempeFan your post is true. It's all about money and long cutural/religion upbringings also.
We have a saying: Nude is not lewd.
It is something hatched up by the people that it is sinful or bad.
Did you know it is legal for women to be topless in USA outdoors, same as men?
It's in the constitution and there is one day a year we can protest by going topless, but, can't get
enough to gather together it seems.
Most have been taught it is a bad thing, forced to wear clothes from childhood up until by the time
we are grown we actually believe it and feel un-natural without clothes. Even without tops!
Men have always been able to go topless outdoors, but, women???
The cops would come running and by law they aren't supposed to do anything.
The NYC police were told a number of years ago they could not arrest women that were topless on the
streets of the city.
Of course most were soliciting so they could be arrested for that.

People are sheeple and it's going to be a long time, if ever, that the idea of bare is bad.
But, I feel so much more comfy natural. Never like the feel of clothing.
And inside my own home...that's the way to go.
Just wish they would make it OK at the beaches here.

Personally I find clothes comforting. I love the cold months so that I can bundle up in soft clothes. In my room keep the heat off and the window cracked open to keep it cold enough to be comfortable bundled in my fleece hoodie. And I also like sleeping under a pile of blankets. Summer time is when I have to strip down because of the heat and humidity which I hate.

We probably need some sort of general guide for getting comfortable clothes, it's a huge pain

I am usually naked at home when nobody else is here. I'm not even sure I wanna get into nudism.

In Europe it seems nudity is far more accepted by society. Nudist resorts or camps are not far away or expensive or obscure at all.

For me, clothes aren't a problem in general, only certain styles or fabrics are uncomfortable for me. Labels irritate me, so I cut them out. Seams sometimes annoy me, so I wear the garment inside out. I find most clothing designed for women too tight and uncomfortable, so I wear unisex or men's clothing, and prefer baggy. Elastic round the waist is too uncomfortable, it need to ride lower down on my hips. I don't like clothing to be tight round the neck, either. I find jeans ok, as long as they are loose fitting.

There's nothing wrong with being naked and there certainly isn't anything wrong or immoral about it, but it is so ingrained into our culture that we must cover up that most people feel uncomfortable around nudity. There is no reason why one should be naked in one's own home; I sometimes am, but I would never go out in public because I feel exposed and don't like to draw attention to myself. It's also too cold in winter here to go out without some protection from the elements.

I saw a documentary a while back about a guy in the UK who walked from John O'Groats to Land's End naked. Wherever he went, he was hastled by the public and police who arested him and even imprisoned him multiple times, not for being naked - that's not illegal in the UK - but for supposedly breaking the peace.

I don't think it's something ingrained entirely. Some babies like to be swaddled in a blanket and some do not. As far back as I can remember I was never comfortable without all of me being covered. At the beach I wasn't allowed to go into the water in my jeans like I wanted to so I would go to the camper, put a bathing suit on and run directly into the water and when I was done run back to the camper and put my clothes back on. The doctor used to fuss at my mom for my not wanting to remove any clothing and in phys ed I would get bad grades because I would refuse to change into my gym clothes. Growing up in Ohio, the summers were not so bad and I could still wear my long sleeve shirts over t shirts and long jeans, but moving south where it's soooo humid and hot, I find very lightweight pants like palazzo pants and light weight t shirts and that's my bare minimum. Has nothing to do with upbringing or my religion - all to do with being comfortable. Oh and my family made fun of me for this so it was definitely not something I was taught. :)

I hate clothes, I just want to get rid of them and be naked for the rest of my life! I hate it!

I don't hate clothes as they are not a bad thing and can be used for good. They keep you warm in the winter. They are a form of expression, so you can support your favorite cause without even saying a word and at a glance one can see who others are, or at least what they are pretending to be. My favorite checker at the grocery store has the cutest collection of kitty cat tops. I keep telling my husband he shouldn't be allowed to wear clothes, not just because he looks so good without them, but because he's so tough on them. I don't like having to sew them up. Sewing makes me cuss.

What is despicable about wearing clothes is being forced to. It is wrong for all the haters to harass others just because they are appropriately attired at the beach in the summertime. Technically speaking, forcing someone to be touched by anything against their will, whether it be a fist, a feather or a piece of material is by dictionary definition assault and battery: threat of further bodily harm for a person not complying to an unwelcome touch.

New Threads

Top Bottom