• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am locked out of socialization

Markness

Young God
V.I.P Member
I feel completely locked out of socialization. It’s like my invitation to the party got lost in the mail and my existence is beneath everyone else’s notice. The people I work with never want to hang out and I’ve never been offered to join any of the clubs at the library when they are taking place. My siblings are always the life of the party while I am pushed to the wayside.

Last edited:
Some clubs and social organizations are by invitation only. However, as Groucho Marx's letter of resignation to the Friars' Club allegedly said, "I don't want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members."

Perhaps Markness is better off to not be invited to places where he would be even more miserable than he is now.

The feeling of being asked is nice to have, even if you might not want to go. Being asked is a form of inclusion, which can give you an ego lift and might inspire you to go. Never being asked and just feeling left out all the time is a very lonely place to be.

I had an aunt who used to feel this was happening to her. But I don't think she was finding it at all easy to join in and show an interest in others.
She probably needed to get more used to listening, asking questions and remembering stuff about others, but she seldom seemed to do that.

I think that it was hard for others to feel she needed them in any way therefore. As she rarely listened or put them ahead of her worries about how she felt she was treated.

For me joining my local church then my local yoga studio was the best decisions of my life for socializing. Not only did I make friends and join groups but I build up my confidence. I go to these places and people actually greet me, know and say my name even those some I don't even know their names. I also developed some close bonds with some of the females especially one good casual friend, something years ago I thought would never happen. @Markness you can't let the past ruin your life as it many times tried to destroy me. You need to forget about trying to make friends in toxic places like your job and college. Again try the places I tried or volunteer places. I have faith in you.

Can you join a church club if Ur not religious I'm the one in between atheist and religious can't remember name

He lives somewhere in the Texas Bible Belt, which he hates.
If he only could move to New York Brooklyn where I live 'I'm a proud native' and actually go to my church he would be so happy. I mean it. Not just my coffee shop girl friend who moved from California. But many from Texas moved to New York and love it here now.

New Threads

Top Bottom