• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am getting my first fish tank

Well the aquarium is located near a window but not too close so they do get the sunlight that they need

Still i would suggest you give them light when youre out my friend . And also with Sunlight you risk geting algea bloom (incl with limited sunlight) and most Nocturnal tanks and also terrariums or other enclosers for night dwellers shift the day to night and vice verce as the animals need this cycle my friend (other words at our night its light our days its night in there ) ALL animals crave a light period as well . Well not the cave living ones or those living under ground all there life but even those in the amazon black water need sunlight and a light period .

I have a 45 L tank with one big goldfish, it is 25 cm long and almost 4 years old. I had another goldfish before, but it died two years ago. There were plants in aquarium, but fish ate these plants and they looked ugly. The tank often gets dirty and begins to stink and then my mum changes the water every week, altrough I think a bit dirty water is ok for goldfish. They worst period is always summer. There are temperatures over 30 degrees every year and the house heats, but goldfish dosen't like too warm water and then becomes sick. This year (one of the cooler summers in last 10 years) I gave it two medicines, one is antibiotic, and another is to boost fish immunity. I think both helped.

My red belly piranha in it's 55 gallon rig

20200804_170206.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom