• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I already have 2 voluntary jobs, should I look for a third?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Topic.

I currently work in 2 local Charity shops, however I'd like to do IT or admin work for Shop Mobility Sheffield, but as far as I know they have no vacancies at the moment. If/When they do have vacancies, should I apply for job number 3? Baring in mind I'm on ESA and can't work more than a certain amount of hours even for free?

This is probably a non starter as I don't think I could fit in a third job with doing the animation course on Thursdays and I have Counselling alternate Wednesday lunch times but it could be an idea.

What do you lot think?

God no. You don't get paid for it, so what's the point? I guess you could give up one of the charity shop positions when an IT vacancy opens up at that other place, but if I were you I wouldn't have three (unpaid) jobs at the same time.

Agree with Bellatrix, have done a bit of volunteering over the years. Your time is important and worth being paid for. The effort you put into something should be renumerated.

Agree with Bellatrix, have done a bit of volunteering over the years. Your time is important and worth being paid for. The effort you put into something should be renumerated.

I totally agree, but because the useless UK government doesn't enforce the Equality Act 2010, every time I declare my disabilities on an application for any "normal" job, my application gets binned.

New Threads

Top Bottom