• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hugs (like or dislike?)

Hi!
I saw a documentary on people with an asperger's syndrome. One person said that he really never kissed a girl or seldom hugged people. It was like he described me. We both seem to enjoy hugs. I am really confused: why would asperger people have such difficulties with getting hugs even if they enjoy it? Sometimes an asperger person will meet a beautiful person they just want to hug. How can one hug that person if you're an aspie? Why doesn't people go and hug an aspie if they know that aspie? This is confusing to me.
Are people in this world not good at hugging (even if it is said to be good)?
I am aware that some aspies disslike certain types of touch but I don"t have that problems.
The social world is too difficult. It would be great to hug that special person you like everytime you meet that person but maybe that would be too much.
What do you think about this?

You have a wonderfully open spirit and a kind heart to be so welcoming of hugs. I am sure those in your life are grateful for your warmth and caring, even if you are not always greeted by an embrace. Have you considered offering hugs upon greeting to those you know well?

When others know we are Aspie, oftentimes they will not touch us. This can be frustrating, as feeling isolated seems to be a part of ASD. I don't wish to feel left out, I wish to feel included. Touch is at least one way that we can hope to connect with others, as it does not involve something complex like speech.

Even though it hurts sometimes, I actually do wish to be touched or hugged like everybody else.

I've never kissed a boy and I don't like hugging or being hugged. I never loved that, I don't know why but I'm very autistic in that field. I was very savage when I was a little girl and even now I don't bear a non-foretold physical contact! It's like an assault, I don't know how to express that but it's really the idea! I'm in my own little bubble and people who want to hug me or kiss me or just put a hand on my shoulder "break" this bubble.

I would love to be hugged. I guess hugs aren't offered because many aspies don't like the physical touch. I'm not that way at all. I long to be hugged. I wish I was able to ask for it myself but not having the social skills makes it hard.

f6155eaf1fed93e76e459719194e2942.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom