• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to promote and advertise my website

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
What are some ways I can promote and advertise my website? So far my options have been limited to mailing flyers to parishes and cathedrals, I have limited cash available so I couldn’t really consider hiring someone until now. (And even still, I don’t have that much cash available) What are some ways I can advertise? (Preferably without resorting to annoying ads)

What are some ways I can promote and advertise my website? So far my options have been limited to mailing flyers to parishes and cathedrals, I have limited cash available so I couldn’t really consider hiring someone until now. (And even still, I don’t have that much cash available) What are some ways I can advertise? (Preferably without resorting to annoying ads)
Could you get a shout out from an appropriate channel on YouTube or perhaps get someone on Twitter with a good following to give it a mention?

In the olden days websites with a similar mission used to cross link to eachother, but I've not really seen that sort of thing for a while, but may still be worth looking into to see if a similarly focused website would include a link and you could reciprocate on your website :)

That's all I can think of with my limited knowledge/experience.

Mention your website to people you meet irl that share your niche, interact with ppl in the same niche as you, profit! Stay away from Twitter, insta, and Facebook as those platforms are digging their own grave. Try TikTok or YouTube for that, I’ve had some really good luck with YouTube shorts myself

Why not start by typing "advertising and promoting your website" into the search engine of your choice.

You'll find lots of specific methodologies to employ, given just how highly specialized advertising and promotion online can be in a very dynamic marketplace. Keeping in mind that you are asking questions that require comprehensive answers. Not something that can easily be posted in a few sentences inside an unrelated forum.

Last edited:
I looked through your site and it does present an interesting challenge to advertise. You have a pretty clear mission, but it's hard to put it in an "elevator pitch" you know? But let's explore.

First, I couldn't find a Donate button. Which is odd, because even a few bucks a month from a PayPal link could help you keep things running. Interestingly, it also adds credibility.

Second, your content is a bit too politically charged. People have to be sympathetic to your message before they can see you as an authority and join up. If not, they'll just click off. So, don't directly attack the Left - many on the Left are religious, and many on the Right are not. Instead attack the behaviors and people will make their own associations. If you are too forward, though, people who aren't politically motivated may just leave.

Third, you are clearly going after Catholics. I'd suggest welcoming all newcomers while making it obvious you are a Catholic group. Being "for" Catholics can be interpreted as "only" Catholics. Don't want to exclude anyone right away.

So, just with these observations, I'd say anyone who would take your money to advertise would be ripping you off. The site is too niche to effectively target an audience that needs it. I'm sure you could find plenty of people that agree with everything on the site, but they would be transient and not participate for long.

Ergo, my suggestion is SEO. Search Engine Optimization will help people find you. Learn to DIY SEO on YouTube etc. and be clever with you key words. If people search for god + autism (I.E. "what does God say about autism" or "why does God give people autism" - the permutations are endless) your site will show up on the first page instead of being buried in the results. This way you work toward getting noticed by people who are in the mood to talk about God and autism, will be open to participation, and may be looking for support. Plus, SEO should be cheap or free and it works long-term versus a short lived ad campaign.

I looked through your site and it does present an interesting challenge to advertise. You have a pretty clear mission, but it's hard to put it in an "elevator pitch" you know? But let's explore.

First, I couldn't find a Donate button. Which is odd, because even a few bucks a month from a PayPal link could help you keep things running. Interestingly, it also adds credibility.

Second, your content is a bit too politically charged. People have to be sympathetic to your message before they can see you as an authority and join up. If not, they'll just click off. So, don't directly attack the Left - many on the Left are religious, and many on the Right are not. Instead attack the behaviors and people will make their own associations. If you are too forward, though, people who aren't politically motivated may just leave.

Third, you are clearly going after Catholics. I'd suggest welcoming all newcomers while making it obvious you are a Catholic group. Being "for" Catholics can be interpreted as "only" Catholics. Don't want to exclude anyone right away.

So, just with these observations, I'd say anyone who would take your money to advertise would be ripping you off. The site is too niche to effectively target an audience that needs it. I'm sure you could find plenty of people that agree with everything on the site, but they would be transient and not participate for long.

Ergo, my suggestion is SEO. Search Engine Optimization will help people find you. Learn to DIY SEO on YouTube etc. and be clever with you key words. If people search for god + autism (I.E. "what does God say about autism" or "why does God give people autism" - the permutations are endless) your site will show up on the first page instead of being buried in the results. This way you work toward getting noticed by people who are in the mood to talk about God and autism, will be open to participation, and may be looking for support. Plus, SEO should be cheap or free and it works long-term versus a short lived ad campaign.
Thanks, I might explain more tomorrow about the things you've brought up. In the meantime I'll look into SEO and apply it to the site when the time is available.

You could ask others to volunteer posting flyers at local churches. I would be more than happy to help. I live in a relatively large city and there are a plethora of Catholic churches. I will correspond with you via email within the next day or so.

I might explain more tomorrow about the things you've brought up.
You don't have to justify any content on the site. Being Catholic, there is a fairly clear line in the sand. But, do be clear about what you are trying to change. Do you really care if someone is Left if they are also pro-life? Which is more important, you know?

SEO has been in the public consciousness for years now and everyone does it. But, I think you have a distinct advantage with God and autism. It's not something people are fighting over, and I think you could do a lot with a little work in this area.

You could ask others to volunteer posting flyers at local churches. I would be more than happy to help. I live in a relatively large city and there are a plethora of Catholic churches. I will correspond with you via email within the next day or so.
Thanks, here’s the flyer I use:
0EB1927A-5430-4077-934A-AE9E93E2213A.jpeg

I might take donations in the future, I’m thinking of starting a podcast in the future and I’ll need equipment and the like for that; and may need to buy hardware and software in the future for other possible plans.

How do I go about setting up a place for donations? In addition to not knowing how to do that I’m on a government support program which requires reporting how much money I have; I’ll be on it until I apply for Chilean citizenship (which will require me living in the country for I think 4 or 5 years) at the latest.

How do I go about setting up a place for donations?
The easiest way would be a PayPal link. Put a button somewhere on the site. I'm not familiar with SquareSpace, but I assume there's a widget or something for it. Here's a YouTube search. If you don't have PayPal, it's one of the best platforms for sending and receiving money if you're going to be moving or have dual citizenship. PayPal works everywhere. There are others, but I haven't used them so I can't comment on them.

About the implications of income reporting, IDK how to handle that. My first inclination is to incorporate a non-profit entity, but the paperwork can be expensive and reporting a headache. Nevertheless, you probably should research incorporating in one country or the other. Overall, though, I don't know if you'd take in five dollars or five-hundred bucks a month from donations, so it may not even be a concern at this stage.

I’m thinking of starting a podcast in the future and I’ll need equipment and the like for that; and may need to buy hardware and software in the future for other possible plans.
I'd say get OBS Studio (it's free) plus maybe an inexpensive microphone and just start podcasting. OBS Studio is popular and capable, with plenty of tutorials on YouTube. It doesn't need a ton of computer power to run - I had an older release on a 2014 bare-bones all-in-one and it worked for most things. OBS does have a learning curve but, again, it's free.

I've never streamed myself, so I can't help you set things up. But a cheap, dedicated microphone will probably make the audio quality a ton better than a built-in mic if your computer has one.

The easiest way would be a PayPal link. Put a button somewhere on the site. I'm not familiar with SquareSpace, but I assume there's a widget or something for it. Here's a YouTube search. If you don't have PayPal, it's one of the best platforms for sending and receiving money if you're going to be moving or have dual citizenship. PayPal works everywhere. There are others, but I haven't used them so I can't comment on them.

About the implications of income reporting, IDK how to handle that. My first inclination is to incorporate a non-profit entity, but the paperwork can be expensive and reporting a headache. Nevertheless, you probably should research incorporating in one country or the other. Overall, though, I don't know if you'd take in five dollars or five-hundred bucks a month from donations, so it may not even be a concern at this stage.

I'd say get OBS Studio (it's free) plus maybe an inexpensive microphone and just start podcasting. OBS Studio is popular and capable, with plenty of tutorials on YouTube. It doesn't need a ton of computer power to run - I had an older release on a 2014 bare-bones all-in-one and it worked for most things. OBS does have a learning curve but, again, it's free.

I've never streamed myself, so I can't help you set things up. But a cheap, dedicated microphone will probably make the audio quality a ton better than a built-in mic if your computer has one.
Thank you!

SEO has been in the public consciousness for years now and everyone does it. But, I think you have a distinct advantage with God and autism. It's not something people are fighting over, and I think you could do a lot with a little work in this area.
What are some resources I can look into for SEO, I think there is site called something like "Common Knowledge," what are some other other sites and resources I could look into?

I haven't done SEO since before Covid (long story there) so I'm a bit behind on things. However, I'd like to bring your attention to Google Analytics. This is another free tool that does have a learning curve, but it's a very powerful tool to help find out who is using your services and how often. You can search keywords to find search volume and region, plus other data to help cater your content and SEO to those most likely to click onto your site.

A simpler tool you don't have to install is Google Trends. You'll see a general trend line for whatever time period you select and what region is searching for it. You can see the search terms jesus+autism have been stable for many years, peaking seasonally in Feb/Mar and then Sep/Oct/Nov. So, if you do buy ads, those would be the windows to do it in for those specific terms. Scrolling down we see these terms almost solely searched from the US so your audience speaks English. And at the bottom we find related search queries and relative search volume.

The most important thing to keep in mind is everything on your website (seen and unseen) effects how search engines define and suggest the site. SEO is one part of things, topic titles and body content are also crawled to be used for search queries. This is how search engines will link to a specific page on a site, bringing the searcher directly to the relevant content. So, you want stuff in the HTML tags, but you also want to optimize content itself for search engines to display it. For example, say you title a topic "Let's talk about Jesus and Autism" and that's right to the point. BUT if we reference our Google Trends info at the bottom we see more people are searching for autism+awareness, so a better title would be "Let's talk about Jesus and Autism Awareness" which pulls your content into the more often queried terms. Further, Google's search terms can outright tell you what people want to read about if you ever get writer's block.

As I said earlier, everyone does SEO. But I don't think there's too much competition around adult autism and I think it's your best bet for long-term traffic growth. Ads can be a great tool IF you know how to use them and a waste of money if you don't. Practicing SEO for a while will help you become conscious of your user base, allowing you to make the most of any ads you may place in the future, or at least allow you to tell if an ad agency can do what they promise.

Give yourself time and pace yourself. It takes time and practice to wrap your head around everything and become farmillar with the tools and all the permutations of search terms.

Promoting and advertising your website doesn't have to break the bank. Use social media platforms to interact with your target audience and distribute your site's content. Collaborate with influencers or bloggers in your niche to cross-promote.

Create valuable content, such as blog posts or videos that provide useful information to attract organic traffic. Join relevant online communities or forums to establish yourself as an expert, and share your site when appropriate.

New Threads

Top Bottom