• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to find temporary jobs

There are firms that specialize in temp hires. These can range from office, restaurant, drivers, constuction, etc.

Just goggle temporary employment firms.
Construction companies hires daily workers, some pick up hires near home depot, but it's usually word of mouth where employers pick up daily workers. In Minneapolis, I use to see a bunch of guys hanging out near the landscaping parking lot at home depot, waiting for work.

Good luck, l am sure others have suggestions. Also check Craigslist online, sometimes you see jobs like car washers, etc. People don't stay very long at these jobs.

I'm not familiar with the Kootenays, but if you're okay heading up to the Okanagan Valley for a bit, this is a great time of year for fruit picking work. We're heading into the second half of the cherry season but there's lots of other fruit as well. You'll need to bring a tent and camping supplies.

There are firms that specialize in temp hires. These can range from office, restaurant, drivers, constuction, etc.

Just goggle temporary employment firms.
Construction companies hires daily workers, some pick up hires near home depot, but it's usually word of mouth where employers pick up daily workers. In Minneapolis, I use to see a bunch of guys hanging out near the landscaping parking lot at home depot, waiting for work.

Good luck, l am sure others have suggestions. Also check Craigslist online, sometimes you see jobs like car washers, etc. People don't stay very long at these jobs.
I second that. You have to get up early for the Home Depot crowd. On breaks from university, and to earn money I used to go to the day labor office and they would always have something for me because I was a diligent worker. However, it taught me what I did not want to do for a living.

And painting, easy landscaping, house sitting, walking dogs, pet sitting. These are nice to do if you have a car.

Look at upcoming events. I used to have a month of fun every year making parade floats for the big day. Any venue may have productions coming in that need extra hands. Florists need a hand on Valentine's day, and the costumers near Halloween. Most shops are short handed on holidays and sale days. You might also look at bidding on contracts. I once upholstered a small arena. There are also crafts, which you can work on at your leisure and sell at fairs. To make money, you need an easy-to-make novelty and a nice display more than great skill, but applying talent is enjoyable for its own sake.

New Threads

Top Bottom