• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to figure out your IQ if your an Aspie

What is the best way to figure out your IQ if you're an Aspie?
What you see is what you get. If you think that you could do better under different circumstances, you need to be retested when you are in those circumstances (to get an alternate score). As others have pointed out, that score is affected by autism, depression, lack of sleep and so on.

IQ tests all measure a variable in intelligence called "g". Nobody knows for sure how to define "g", but it is consistent enough across different IQ test that psychometrists can take a black-box approach to its analysis.

Counselors & educators use this number to facilitate teaching & counseling you.

You referred to your score as an FSIQ. That terminology is usually associated with the WAIS-IV test, which is an official IQ test. It is considered to be one of the most thorough available. Were you tested by a psychologist?

I don't think that there's such a thing as an accurate IQ test. Any result is dependent on your energy level at the time, whether you had coffee, what you ate for lunch, how you are feeling, etc - there are way too many variables. Also, Aspies often don't so well in times tests and don't fulfill their postential. When I've tried those tests, I always run out of time - I answer the first ones almost all correctly, then get a lower score because I didn't have time to finish it. I don't know my IQ score, but I'm sure it must be at least above average because I have a university postgrad degree. So the IQ tests don't show people at their full potential.
The IQ test can be beaten it just requires tactics and perserverance. The mistake people will often make is limiting themselves to one test. It will just continue to rise. It is normal to fail.

IQ mainly tests for one form of intelligence when human beings have so many different forms of intelligence: Musical/artistic, philosophical, logical/mathematical, spacial, social, emotional, kinesthetic, and there are probably more. And you can't compare a single one of those intelligences to another. Very hard to get an accurate test result on human intelligence, only for the result to be determined by a number. IQ, G.P.A. They're just numbers. Albert Einstein struggled in school; he said: 'if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid'. Is an adult unintelligent because it takes him/her three minutes to mentally calculate 8 x 8, but Pete forbid they have the unseen intelligence to pull a person out of depression? Individual human intelligence at its full potential is immensely too complex to be tested to the fullest extent. If you are not a genius in one area, you could still be a genius in another area. Not saying everyone is a genius. But everyone is gifted in their own ways. I'm saying that not every form of genius is visible or able to be tested. Is an unrecognized stay-at-home musical genius any less of a genius than a renowned mathematician or astrophysicist? You tell me.
Finally someone that can argue my point lol

Thanks you guys and girls have helped alot I dont think its anything that will hold me back if I get motivated again most of the time I think im above average smarts but then I think how could I be when I haven't found a career yet and still waiting on SSI hopefully next appeal goes thru and I can get my life really started to be how I want it to be im not a guy that likes to blame other people but I had pretty bad upbringing and to me you have to be about genius level to get out of that if it wasnt for bad parenting I think I would be alot further ahead today then I am.
You got to learn bad parenting. :/ Maybe you'll be an excellent parent.

There are plenty of free, non-standardized tests online you can take if you want a ballpark estimate. None of these tests are going to be accurate though and they're pretty narrow too, so you'd need to be professionally tested to get a better picture of where you lie.

Would you rather really know though? Have you tried just doing something instead and seeing whether or not it works for you?

Last edited:
Who else is genuinely happy from reading these replies. I don't know if I influenced any of it, but reading all the replies it seems like everybody is in the same line of thinking.

The IQ test can be beaten it just requires tactics and perserverance. The mistake people will often make is limiting themselves to one test. It will just continue to rise. It is normal to fail.
Yes, I'm sure that if I did a lot of such tests, I would improve on my technique and get better scores. I don't fail the tests, I don't do badly, I just don't reach my full potential.

My IQ has fluctuated between 136 and 153 so I find the concept a little loaded and ultimately championed by the kind of people who like the smell of their own farts. And honestly I never feel like I'm as smart or gifted as I could be. I feel like most of my accomplishments come from hard work rather than raw intelligence. The people that seem to love talking about IQ in my experiences have been eugenicists and supremacists.

New Threads

Top Bottom