• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to develop relationship further?

Aren't most primary school teachers women?
I mean if he is spending time with work colleagues wouldn't that be women?

I dunno about this Lena, maybe you should have a few fights, that's part of relationship progress too. Or think about a private investigator....

i know, but he is a kindergarten teacher and is great with kids. He says that he could easily have 2-3 kids of his own. And this is what he expresses he wants so I assume he knows what he is talking about.

I think it possible, maybe even probable that if he can wait long enough, science will be able to grant his wish: to have two or three kids on his own. But I doubt he really knows what he is in for. ;)

I take the focus of your description of the relationship and your sweetheart as:
1- His lack of relationship experience in general
2- Your lack of experience with NDs

First of all, I m not the one to give sound advice. I try my best, but i can't claim that i know what works, so I would like to share my perspective by merging two together:

I appreciate your reaching out to the forum. Obviously you want this to work out and go further. That might be the single most important contribution from your side.

Our ND mind has a different train of logic. Our values and priorities tend to be different and these differences are reflected on our communication and behavior.

I think it is wise to accept that this is uncharted territory for both of you, so being open and keeping calm helps.

We are usually good at heart and free of agendas. We may not be at our best to convey our emotions and understanding our own mood. Being compassionate and trusting the mutual good will is important.

The more questions you ask and the less you assume or jump to conclusions will help you to realize that his mind works in a certain way. For example, do not put too much emphasis on if he likes things or trying to please you because these two are not excluding each other, contrary they are overlapping, i think.

If you express your concerns in a constructive and clear way, I think you will receive positive feedback.

I wish you both the best of luck and happiness. It is nice to know NT/ND success stories. They are inspiring.

Cheers,
Cnn

New Threads

Top Bottom