• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How old do I look?

Am I pretty?

• Total voters
May I also add: You are very pretty, but remember that the most important thing is what is on the inside, not so much the outside, and it doesn't matter whether you are pretty or not so pretty, it's more about what kind of person you are and whether you are beautiful on the inside or not! I'm sure you're a nice and pretty person on the inside, too :) So never forget that beauty isn't always seen, the best kind of beauty is invisible, because it's on the inside, but it does show! :hibiscus::cherryblossom:

Between 20-25.

I’m sorry but I don’t do the “am I pretty” thing because I feel that’s usually asking on the spot and fishing for compliments but I agree with @invisibility003 . It’s the person, your personality that makes more for you.

I've known many people ask others if they are physically appealing whatever their gender, orientation or age. We've had other people do it on here. One of threads I read on this forum when I first joined was a man in his 20s asking if he was attractive.
People will ask sometimes due to vanity but the most common reason is insecurity. Given the nature of this forum I'd say the latter is most likely. Even if Ruby were a minor, which I am confident she is not, confirming she is pretty when asked is not inappropriate. If you came across a six year old at a function, crying her eyes out because one of the boys had called her ugly, wouldn't you tell her she was pretty and not to listen to the boys before you found her parents?
Agreed it can be a fine line these days between giving a compliment and seeming creepy, but a straight answer to a clear, innocent question does not cross that line IMO.

These threads always make me go like...

Do you really want the truth?

Not that you should be worried. Guys these days are like a bunch of hungry hungry hippos when it comes to women.

Thanks all for your replies. It feels really good to not be considered ugly, by others and I’ve started to feel that I am in fact not ugly.

I am 21, so most of you got it quite right!

I'd say the OP was around mid to late 20's.

Then again, I'm a bad judge of age, I know that current Neighbours babe April Rose Pengilly is 30 according to Wikipedia. but to me she only looks about 25 if that.

I can't really judge how 'pretty' someone is without knowing them. A person's appearance changes drastically in my eyes when they show their personality and viewpoints. By society standards, yes, you are pretty. But, I can't comment much beyond that. :)

I can't really judge how 'pretty' someone is without knowing them. A person's appearance changes drastically in my eyes when they show their personality and viewpoints. By society standards, yes, you are pretty. But, I can't comment much beyond that. :)

I would agree with that statement. I would say on purely physical grounds that Ruby is pretty, but I have known people who would not be considered particularly physically attractive who were beautiful people on the inside. It doesn't matter how beautiful you are externally if you harbour an ogre within.
Ruby that is not a reflection on you. You have not posted that much so I don't know you, but if you are as attractive on the inside as on the outside you would be a good person to know :)

New Threads

Top Bottom