• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How much time do you spend with friends?

How long your with a friend

• Total voters
0 hours a year. I haven't had an IRL friend for years now; used to have a handful though.

I voted as if it were per week. Three hours a week or so for me. I'm quite isolated most of the time.

Well it depends, sometimes three to five hours a week. It really depends on which friend and such. It can even be up to eight hours a week. I am not counting church though. If I counted church, then it would be thirteen hours a week. :)

As I said before it all depends. I try to be social when all possible. Unless my moods get in the way and such. :S

Very little, since I don't really have many friends. I would say maybe one hour a week, to cover the times my wife and I spend time with family friends of ours.

I have work collegus that i have to face every day and most of them i do class as friends i would not socialize with them out of work... How ever i do have 1 best friend that a talk to nearly every day on xbox live and i will go round to his house once a week to hand out. We share most of the same interests so its really easy for us to get on.

I have work collegus that i have to face every day and most of them i do class as friends i would not socialize with them out of work... How ever i do have 1 best friend that a talk to nearly every day on xbox live and i will go round to his house once a week to hand out. We share most of the same interests so its really easy for us to get on.
cool, how are u to day?

Sorry for the late reply... i have been on night shifts :)

As for how i am, its been a bit of a funny month, i seem to have been stuck in a social disconnect... but not even doing any of my interests, just milling around doing nothing :(

But other than that, not to bad... and you?

Last time I remember spending time with a 'friend' was back in my school years. It doesn't surprise me now that the temporary connection may have had something to do with the fact that he (and I, to some extent) gave off "aspie traits", but that's over a decade ago. Now the only time I spend with 'friends' is at work, and I've learned there's a fine line between co-workers and so-called 'friends'. I've opened up to these people, yeah, but it took a long time to do so.

Sorry for the late reply... i have been on night shifts :)

As for how i am, its been a bit of a funny month, i seem to have been stuck in a social disconnect... but not even doing any of my interests, just milling around doing nothing :(

But other than that, not to bad... and you?

good, starting on my new book

I also voted as over a period of a week.
I have been moving lately and a person who is slowly becoming a friend ended up helping me, I asked him if he wanted to stay after moving some stuff and help me set up and he said yes, we then set up the gaming area where he decided to perch for the rest of the evening. This was fine by me as I could come and go at will and get stuff done but still have somebody around.

Is that selfish or sensible on my part?

That was easy, no friends so no hours.

Last time I had a friend it was 2/3 hours a week or less (sometimes didn't see her for a couple of weeks), I don't think I could have handled more then that, those 2/3 hours were draining enough.

Depends in person: I like to spend a nice afternoon of a few hours usually between 3-5 hours of hanging out time. Anymore than that and I have to super comfy with them so that I can just revert into a more normal me meaning I tend to get a bit hard to deal with after that.

Online: I will spend hours and hours hanging out and talking...I do enjoy that.

The one friend I talk to, besides my girlfriend, I talk to say... 6+ hours a week.

It is funny though, because I rarely visit his place, and he rarely visits mine. He lives around the corner, and we usually go out for a walk at night, grab a soda from the vending machine and just discuss some random stuff, much like I would do online I guess.

But that's like... every other day for about 2 hours of walking and talking. Sometimes we add in a day or so. We rarely talk for really long hours... usually after 2 hours we had a decent walk, and are returning home again, so that's the end of the conversation as well.

But besides that, he's the only guy I actually talk to on a semi-regular basis.

I only have 2, what I call, true friends at this point, who accepts me entirely and whom I accept back. And I spend as much time with them as they or I need. I have one more friend who I talked to once or twice a year. The reast are good acquaintances, maybe... I would want them to be more than that, but it hasn't worked out that way... Plus that's all I can handle... Possibly. So it's my husband and an old girlfriend of mine (not girlfriend girlfriend, just a friend)

We're all so lonely :(. I voted zero since I spend an average of less than one hour with colleagues, acquaintances, friends, and family. I feel lonely often enough to make me sad.

I do approximately all of my socializing in the company of my wife, who is quite gregarious. Over the years i have had to pull back from the busy social schedule which she prefers. I venture out once or twice a month socially, and must limit exposure to 4 hours max for dinners or barbeques or whatever. It is more tolerable for me if there is a planned activity, such as a hike or a gallery visit, as opposed to just sitting around staring at each other and yakking. Outside of those events I will usually limit one-on-one socializing to a lunch out for an hour or a quite bite for dinner. My wife would prefer to entertain here at home a little bit but i'm not very into that. She is pretty understanding of me and knows to pursue her own socializing separately from me.

New Threads

Top Bottom