• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many live in flats?

I thought 55+ was an age restriction for residents? Top floor would be nice for the view, but not for a fear of another Greenfell style scenario. One reason I'll never live anywhere with gas central heating. Might as well live in a house with a WW2 bomb in my mind.

Ed

It was an electrical fault in a fridge freezer that started the fire at Grenfell tower. But the main issue was the unsuitable cladding.

Have you thought about getting work in real estate, that way you'd hear of stuff first, could make an offer prior maybe? not that I've worked in that industry, just guessing.

I've lived in an apartment all my life and have never heard noise from the neighbors.

I lived in a big tower block like grenfell in the early 70s it was quiet we weren't on the ground floor

I lived in a big tower block like grenfell in the early 70s it was quiet we weren't on the ground floor

Living in a newly-built high-rise apartment complex in the early 90s was the only experience I ever had with a unit that remained quiet in terms of neighbors all around and below me.

I live in a ground floor flat. Last year a young man moved into the flat above mine. He is a student and is making party all the time. I already called the police when it was too loud at 2 a. m. as I wanted to sleep. Since I did that a few times he is quiet at night. During the day he often is still loud but I can not complain as the law allows people to be loud during daytime.
My window shows directly to the street, a supermarked is about 50 meters away and a playground also 50 meters into the other direction. The trucks are often standing in front of my window with the engine running to upload the delivery. I do not like it here and am already trying to find another flat but it is not easy. Either the flats are too expensive or they do not allow animals. I have two dogs.

New Threads

Top Bottom