• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How is everyone today? (an ongoing question...)

I’m doing great! Dealing with the sweltering heat up in Texas. The humidity gets unbearable :/

There's so much going on that I don't know how to even feel.

Curveball 1:
My mother just announced that she's getting remarried and will bring her fiance' to our house for Thanksgiving. I think this will be her 13th marriage (I can't even count them anymore). :eek: I can't even bring myself to care about the guy. Like, give me 10 years and if you're still around I'll see how I feel.

I decided this was the right time to break something to her: "Mom, I found out last year that I'm autistic. I think you may be, too, and I think knowing may help you in your relationships." I sent her a link to the Autism Spectrum Quotient test and she took it twice - scored 5 the first time and 18 the next. So, she's not autistic, just ... unique.

Curveball 2:
For about a year and a half, I've been working on a computer program to process some custom math formulas that don't fit any existing system. Yesterday, I got it working to the point where I can enter the math formulas and it will do the math for me. I've been working on this for so long I can't quite believe it's actually close to done. :D

Curveball 3:
This new math is fun to work on, but its practical application all depends on how fast it actually runs. I ran two formulas through yesterday. One was really fast, one was slow. This is the first sign that this math is not very practical and is just good for a hobby or curiosity. :oops:

There's too much to process. I'm having a real hard time focusing at work today.

I woke up again this morning. How is that for a good way to start the day?

Had a lot of depression today. Feeling extremely isolated & invisible. I get bouts of depression every couple weeks or so, usually lasting a few days. I had a couple friends reach out to me tonight, though, one of which I'm hoping might develop into something more. It made me feel wanted that she would choose me to unload about her frustrations, in an odd sort of way. Like she cares enough about me to want to talk to me about what's going on in her life. And I feel like maybe I made a positive impact on another friend's life tonight too.

I've been doing University project work from 9AM till about half 5, so I think I'm going to take the night off. On the plus side, one of my tutors has been impressed with my work so far, and has no doubts that the final product will be great, so that gives me some confidence. :)

Looking forward to the end of all this work, when I can finally have a long break and my only concern will be how many Christmas movies I can feasibly fit into a marathon. :p

However, I'm not looking forward to going out to film for my coursework in the rainy cold, but at least I have a coat and some gloves so it's not too bad. Not sure how I'm gonna keep the lens dry though...maybe I'll be fortunate enough to find a time to film and take pictures when it's not raining.

New Threads

Top Bottom