• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you listen to your music?

How do you listen to music?

• Streaming

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Radio

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • CDs

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Downloaded

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Vinyl

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Cassette tape

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 8 track

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YouTube

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
I sort of found an eBay bargain that I bid on. It's for a second hand Sony USB turntable that converts vinyl into WAV files. 1 day left on the auction. Phwoar.

Ed

Youtube 99% of the time. Cd is purely for the collection aesthetic, downloaded only for travel or if it's not on youtube (after which I usually upload it myself).

If I'm listening to music on my laptop, chances are I'll just look up the song on YouTube and listen to it there, although I will sometimes load up a playlist of my downloaded songs in VLC and listen to stuff through that if I want to be listening to music while I'm doing something and don't want to be on the internet while I'm doing whatever it is I'm doing.

If I'm out and about and listening to music? It's all mp3s (and a few FLACs) baybee. Doesn't need an internet connection, don't need to be subscribed to any streaming service, it's all right there on my phone just fine and it won't be taken away from me.

I have a huge physical CD library, but I also use iTunes to download. I don't like to just stream as internet is intermittent and music is my mega stim, I always have it going. Thusly I have two sources on me at all times, both my phone and an old iPod....

i harvest a lot of music off of youtube, put it on my puter and doctor the audio to my satisfaction.

I've always been a big radio guy; it's my choice when I'm driving. I have a large collection of antique radios and will often listen to them depending on what I'm up to. When I'm on the computer I generally use YouTube, or I stream old American Top 40 shows. I also have a large collection of music radio shows on vinyl (American Country Country Countdown, Lee Arnold on a Country Road, some pop shows) but I haven't been listening to them much of late. I have quite a bit on cassette but they're also gathering dust these days (along with the 8 tracks and open reel tapes!)

Trying to find Music Through the Night on an AM/FM transistor set now. Instead I found a re-broadcast of the BBC World Service.
The set is a Crosley CR-34 "Companion," the 2014 version before Bluetooth, which doesn't sound perfect but would be super easy to update with a replacement speaker meant for a Tivoli or a Sangean.

i am a big believer in surround sound, and i have equipment that can extract 5.1 channels out of 2-channel stereo recordings, and send those 3 extra channels to 3 or more extra speakers.

New Threads

Top Bottom