• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

how do you feel about winter/colder months?

do you like snow/frost

• i like snow

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • i dont like snow

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • i like frost

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • i dont like frost

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

alien girl

where i live, there's no snow, sadly. but my parents took me twice to the US, and i saw snow, frost, the leaves changing colors. the carpet of red, brown, yellowish leaves on the sidewalk.

i find snow soothing and almost hypnotizing when it falls. it made me feel great just to watch it fall, and i love the way it reflects the sun. and the frost is amazing on trees and bushes.

Snow is beautiful when you are indoors in a warm house watching it drift down and cover everything up. And then you have to go outside and try to drive in it, and the beauty vanishes pretty quickly.

I have experienced some truly beautiful frosts here. After a rain, one time, it froze over, so when I went on my hike, the branches were all covered in this thin sheet of ice, the spiderwebs as well, and the expanding ice pushed up the mud to form little mushroom-like shapes.

As for snow...well, I have a love-hate relationship with it. I spent a year in the northern part of (the lower peninsula of) Michigan, where there was constantly two feet of soft, lake-effect snow on the ground between November and March. Beautiful in its own way...at first. I think the combination of the darkness (it would be barely light when I trekked through the snow to my first class, and already dark after the conclusion of my last class of the day) and its constant presence eventually turned me off to it. I don't think I could spend another winter there.

I also spent a year in Colorado...on the day I moved out, at the end of May, it was snowing. The daylight was much better, of course, and I actually kind of enjoyed the snow there...but I sure don't miss the shoveling! :)

Penguin say, don't break you back and use a snow blower. If you can't afford one, steal, I mean, borrow someones :)
If only! I couldn't afford one. I was, though, happy to help shovel some elderly folks' driveways for them when they needed it.

Thing is, I love the cold--I used to look forward to walking to the coffee shop in the mornings when it was 30(F) below!--, and I can even deal with snow, but it is the darkness of wintertime that gets me down.

Frozen grass is one of the most beautiful things ever, because it's unlikely to cause me to sneeze. Oh, and it's beautiful.

Snow? I'm okay with it, but less is more.

Everyone around me hates snow, but I've always loved it. I spent seven years in Minnesota, where the winters bring 10 to -20 F degree winters and a foot or two of snow. Last year I moved to Maryland, where I am now, and during our second winter here we got a few inches of snow along with 20-30 F temperatures. Everyone was freaking out and complaining and closing down/cancelling everything, and I was just going about my regular activities thinking how beautiful and peaceful it was (without people around). Marylanders would never be able to survive a Minnesota winter, lol.
People have told me I'll hate snow once I start driving, but I seriously doubt it. Why should I blame a natural phenomenon for a hundred-year-old invention's shortcomings?

Everyone around me hates snow, but I've always loved it. I spent seven years in Minnesota, where the winters bring 10 to -20 F degree winters and a foot or two of snow. Last year I moved to Maryland, where I am now, and during our second winter here we got a few inches of snow along with 20-30 F temperatures. Everyone was freaking out and complaining and closing down/cancelling everything, and I was just going about my regular activities thinking how beautiful and peaceful it was (without people around). Marylanders would never be able to survive a Minnesota winter, lol.
People have told me I'll hate snow once I start driving, but I seriously doubt it. Why should I blame a natural phenomenon for a hundred-year-old invention's shortcomings?

Or just not drive a sports car. Snow is not much of an inconvenience at all, unless you hate shoveling at least. I bought my new vehicle explicitly for the fact that mud and snow will not hinder it, 4 wheel drive, knobby tires, locking differentials I can lock from my seat, heated seat, 4 lo gear with a 71 to 1 crawling ratio, I am not getting stuck again in less then 4-5 feet of powder that packs up to the point of allowing all 4 wheels to spin freely.

There's no "don't love it, don't hate it" option. :p I think it's pretty and, if it's good packing snow, it's fun to build a snowman in it. But my interest in snow only lasts about 2 days. And there's snow on the ground for 3-4 months. So by the time the last of the snow melts, I thoroughly hate it, but it's fun for the first while. :p Basically, I get cold very easily (but can take a great deal of heat), so snow pretty much confines me indoors for long periods. If the temperature gets warm enough for me to be outside, it's warm enough to be melting the snow (40F+).

Or just not drive a sports car. Snow is not much of an inconvenience at all, unless you hate shoveling at least. I bought my new vehicle explicitly for the fact that mud and snow will not hinder it, 4 wheel drive, knobby tires, locking differentials I can lock from my seat, heated seat, 4 lo gear with a 71 to 1 crawling ratio, I am not getting stuck again in less then 4-5 feet of powder that packs up to the point of allowing all 4 wheels to spin freely.
North Dakota, you crazy, I hate snow here let lone the doomy snow in your region.

Snow is a rare treat here in the subtropical regions of the USA, so I'm not sick of it like those in the more northern states that get ten feet or so for weeks on end. I'd probably be as sick of it too if I had it to that extent like I do the muggy summers here. We had this gorgeous snow of 4"-6" last winter, but alas, it was gone within two days and only a soupy sludge remained. That part was depressing.

How do I feel?

....Can we have some?! Fresno is never cold enough in its "winters" for snow. It ALMOST makes it sometimes... Like last year... :c

In the Treasure Valley of Idaho it's just right. We get some snow in the valley, but not a lot. It is fairly easy to drive around here in the winter. Within a hour of town you can be in a winter wonderland, complete with many feet of snow. Most of the winter you can golf on Saturday and ski on Sunday.

I hate snow,the destruction of cold and all the struggles of getting ready for the cold wet season of winter.
Y'all can keep your pretty snow :D

I still loved snow after I started driving. Plus, it's a good excuse to stay home and not drive places. That's always good, isn't it?

When I lived in a snowy place, one did get tired of t after a few months. However, even that was cool, because when melting came, and spring was just starting, the outdoors seemed so beautiful. Without the long winter beforehand, I never would have appreciated the spring so much. (and I did like the winter for its own sake as well).

New Threads

Top Bottom