• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do i cut off bad friends.

Annaa

TW(mention of unconsentual touch)

My friends don't seem to respect me or anything I say, I told my one friend multiple times now to get rid of my pictures online she posted really ugly pictures of me on insta and doesn't want to get rid of them.
Sure they are on her private account but I still don't want that she never even asked me for permission to post them.
Also these 2 friends especially bother me a lot all of my other friends respect me and my boundaries just they don't seem to get it.
They also keep slapping my ass or like touching my private parts without my permission.
We are all girls but still I don't want that and they can't seem to understand that.
They can do that between themselves but I dont want that.
They are also werildy jelaous wich I don't understand at all whenever I am happy about something they just ignore it.
I don't want to hang out with this people anymore the issue is I'm good friends with one of the girls brother and I don't want to loose that friendship and our mother's are all friends so we are bound to meet each other some times.
I also always make an effort to compliment them so that they feel good about themselves but they never feel the need to compliment me back.
I really hate being with them I stopped hanging out with them and haven't in a few weeks we went from every week to once every few weeks.
And I dislike everytime.
I'll try not to hang out at all any more.
because of the insta, she just ignored me she couldn't even say no I'm sorry I really like those pictures she just ignored me I hate it.

I would delete their phone numbers first. Then, I would delete everything like photos and text. When I’m done with someone, I break it off fast. You will know when I’m done with somebody. If you want to be more private, I would slowly decrease activity with the people you don’t want engage with. Like socially distancing very slowly. I’m sorry you have to deal with horrible people. They are toxic and emotionally draining. Cut them off as soon as possible. It will be like getting rid of stones off your chest.

I agree with @DaisyRose. These are not nice friends.

I think one thing that can help in creating space between an old group of friends is to really get invested in something new.

Maybe there are other people that you are friendly with who you could spend more time with. You could start to get serious about some new hobbies, take some chances with different groups or activities at school, and try to find other passions and interests that you have. Get excited about something else in your life so that you do not feel drawn into this group of girls simply out of habit or loneliness.

I'm pretty straight forward with things so, apologies

This works for me but it may not work for you

No goodbyes, no long texts of why you're leaving

Just leave

Break all contacts with them and never turn back

I did this with a group of people that I thought were my friends for 22 years

But I realized they were not due to certain situations with them

What did I do? Just cut ties, burn bridges, move on

No goodbyes, no crying, nothing

They'd call and I'd ignore the calls, they'd text and I never answered

I used to just stop all communication ( ghosting) and of course, I now see that it showed they were not my friends, because they never tried to get back in touch.

They are mocking you; like watching you in a circus, which of course, is cruel and thus, do as has been suggested.

I tend to put people in archives ( whatsapp) if their photo upsets me or they have angered me.

I have also blocked many, due to their attitude towards me.

I discovered what true friendship is, as an adult.

Delete/block their phone numbers. Same for email addresses. Stay away from places they habituate when they would normally be there. Make no mention of them to mutual friends. 'Unfriend' them from Facebook, and delete their posts from your page. Install a door cam, so that when someone knocks, you can see who it is before deciding to answer the door.

That about covers it for me.

Okay. These are great ideas. I wish l could just slap a ignore button on them. I met one nice person in the area l live in. If l have an extreme emergency, at least l can chat with her about ideas. She seems pretty free of bad agendas. I have ignored some forum members because of hidden agendas, mostly men, l am sorry to say. In real life, lately it's been woman acting bizarre.

Last edited:
What I described is called "Ghosting" (you probably know that already). Right now, I have cut myself off from most of the people I knew from childhood, and I like it that way.

TW(mention of unconsentual touch)

My friends don't seem to respect me or anything I say, I told my one friend multiple times now to get rid of my pictures online she posted really ugly pictures of me on insta and doesn't want to get rid of them.
Sure they are on her private account but I still don't want that she never even asked me for permission to post them.
Also these 2 friends especially bother me a lot all of my other friends respect me and my boundaries just they don't seem to get it.
They also keep slapping my ass or like touching my private parts without my permission.
We are all girls but still I don't want that and they can't seem to understand that.
They can do that between themselves but I dont want that.
They are also werildy jelaous wich I don't understand at all whenever I am happy about something they just ignore it.
I don't want to hang out with this people anymore the issue is I'm good friends with one of the girls brother and I don't want to loose that friendship and our mother's are all friends so we are bound to meet each other some times.
I also always make an effort to compliment them so that they feel good about themselves but they never feel the need to compliment me back.
I really hate being with them I stopped hanging out with them and haven't in a few weeks we went from every week to once every few weeks.
And I dislike everytime.
I'll try not to hang out at all any more.
because of the insta, she just ignored me she couldn't even say no I'm sorry I really like those pictures she just ignored me I hate it.

Yeah do not be friends
I also cannot stand jealous friends, true friends are happy to see you succeed and be happy.
They like to see you receive nice things and are happy to see you do well and want to share your victories and be there in times of loss.
A true friend has your back always and if you hurt them they forgive you even if it takes time.
And you know really good gal pals will compliment you. You know a true girlfriend when she likes something you wear because you like it even if it is not her taste.
How can you be friends with someone with jealous tendencies anyway? You either need to get rid of the person well obviously yes because some people struggle to change.
A pack of bitches stick together like wolves so they support each other in their jealous habits and some women may be able to tolerate it better.

they are being inappropriate and abusive, they need no explanation if you decide to give them the boot. They are hurting you by violating boundaries that all humans have. They are more like animals. You owe them nothing. These are not friends, these are like mosquitoes. I am sorry you have endured that. I have simply ghosted people like that. Some say that is wrong to do, but you can not convince a wicked person that they are wicked. It is better just to exit their nightmare. You will have peace.

You need to immediately distance yourself. These people know why. No explanations needed.. Likes others said, block on everything you can find them on. They contact you again and just immediately keep blocking. Remember, it takes much more effort to keep re-creating accounts than to block. I once had an individual try to purposely contact me 8 times in a row and I just kept blocking him. One day, he told me his real name (I figured it out beforehand from random feed on social media, so I knew he was being truthful) and just told him bluntly that I didn't always recognize him but that he is one of the meanest online people I have encountered despite his physical beauty and isn't actually interested in meeting. He said some BS response and I had another hot date that day anyway and no time to respond after that.

Having my back, because of a not great childhood, l have limited contact with those who don't have my back. I understand you are out for yourself, but don't run me over trying to get to your goal, (dog eat dog mentality). That's how l cut off friends, l am always running them thru that schematic. I just said good-bye to a friend that l have know for about 4 years. Because she definitely fits that box. And she is critical when she hasn't made the greatest choices herself. So l walked. And l feel better. In fact, l judge all people on their loyalty because l never had that with my mom, my father or my brother. Only my grandmother was loyal to me. My other friend l have known for a long time, we are there for each other, thru bad boyfriends, jobs, deaths in the family, and life's emergencies.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom