• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do I create a GoFundMe?

I am feeling this issue is all so one sided. If he has special needs, his parents could be protecting him, or they could be completely wacko criminals too. The point is, what plan has he created? It sounds like he cannot even make it to the next town, let alone get a job. All apartment have leases, and require a job/ income first. They check references....which he would not give out his parents! If he finds a job immediately, the apartment still verifies his background, length of employment, income ratio to rent amount, references, and credit worthiness! often, w/o an adress, one cannot get a job either. It’s all a viscous circle. I am not trying to give you a hard time. You both need a reality check!

Yes he can successfully run away. He might be homeless and live outdoors for months. He might find a shelter, or agency to help. Can he do construction? Is he great at selling his job skills? Does he even have job skills? Then he could do construction and get hired. If he works at the local Walmarts, his parents and their police will find him. Motels are expensive too, and they are the first place law enforcement checks when they are looking for someone. Appalachia has a lot of economic problems. Lots of extreme poverty in Tennessee. Lots of meth addiction too. I would hate to see this all go from bad to worse.

GoFundMe: #1 Free Fundraising Platform

I know you'll need to establish a PayPal account. I was looking into doing it at one time, but didn't want to bother opening another bank account just for PayPal since I wasn't comfortable with having money transferring in and out of my account at free will.

Nevertheless, you can find what you need to know on the Go Fund Me site.

Thank you for actually answering my question.

New Threads

Top Bottom