• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can I tell an Aspie likes me?

i rarely meet women like that,though a couple of them in the neighborhood said hello to me,and one outside of there said hello to me in her native language,but it’s unknown if any of them liked me,they were just being friendly or more than friendly !

Thank you very much everyone. I might really need to tell him how I feel as this is been going on for a year now and I either have to take it somewhere or move on, but I'm shy and just the thought of it makes me anxious, in 40 years of my life I have never even asked anyone out :-D I hope it's not going to scare him away or freak out, or what should I avoid saying so that I don't make him uncomfortable?

Well, if that really bugs you to ask him in-person (as a year is a long time), then maybe ask for his e-mail address or give him a letter asking him. Ask him in either correspondence to respond in maybe 3 days to a week at most. If you don't get a response, you know what you should assume.

Please help, what signs do Aspies give out (consciously or unconsciously) if they like someone or are interested in someone. Would it be something very different to NTs or the same sort of thing just more subtle?

It might be better to ask what signs do we NOT give out, which is most of them, at least not on purpose. Like shysnail says, it's common for us to not want to do anything wrong. I personally try to use my poor skills at "reading" people to find signs in the woman that she will accept my interest before showing any signs that I'm interested in myself.

It's too hard to guess what will offend a person, since everyone is different, and I know that some people can be really upset by unwanted romantic interest. If I don't get something pretty overt from a woman that she's interested in more than friendship, I assume that friendship is all she's comfortable with. I pretty much let ALL people I know set the parameters of the types of relationships I have with them, essentially leaving social "rules" to social people.

Even in romantic relationships, I let my partner "set the pace" and initiate intimacy, unless she has specifically told me she wants me to (i.e., it's okay to) initiate things. I cannot ever trust that I know how another person feels or what they are thinking, so I never act on assumptions.

what should I avoid saying so that I don't make him uncomfortable?

"I really, really envy the dead"

"whatever you do, DO NOT LOOK BEHIND YOU !"

"What's your sign?"

Instead,
Be brave for 10 seconds,

"I like you. Will you come out on a date / for dinner/for coffee with me?"

New Threads

Top Bottom