• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How can i be better socially?

Bikutoso

V.I.P Member
I have always tried to get to know people.
I didn't have any sucess berofe first year of upper secondary school, but she diden't want to talk me anymore after the school year.
the second year i managed i get two female friends, I'm still friends with they but i don't talk to them so ofen (1-2 times in a month)
Right after upper secondary school i got to know somone on the internett from Oslo.
She is the best friend i have now.

I have tryed getting to know people after the last friend but it have always ended with they stop talking to me, or not answer me when i first contact them.
I want to get to know some more people, but i don't really know what i can do anymore.

And if you haven't noticed i have it easier to get to know girls than boys.

If somone can help with somthing i can do i would be realy happy to know.

First of all, I think you need to define what "better" means for you. Do you want to try to talk to more people? Become more confident in social situations?

Once you figure that out, you can start working on getting used to the finer aspects of socializing involved in reaching your goal.

First of all, I think you need to define what "better" means for you. Do you want to try to talk to more people? Become more confident in social situations?

Once you figure that out, you can start working on getting used to the finer aspects of socializing involved in reaching your goal.
Thanks,
i usually manage to talk when i first can talk.
the biggest problem is that i never know what to say if i contact someone on internet.
and the problem with that after a while i have nothing at all to say.

I wish more people would be willing to initiate and reciprocate. I feel like I must be a boring person sometimes. It's frustrating. Or, people hold back on things because of sex, age, married/unmarried, independent or not independent. You really "can't win" no matter how much you improve. You just have to take it all in and deal with it and get lucky really. :( . . .

I wish more people would be willing to initiate and reciprocate. I feel like I must be a boring person sometimes. It's frustrating. Or, people hold back on things because of sex, age, married/unmarried, independent or not independent. You really "can't win" no matter how much you improve. You just have to take it all in and deal with it and get lucky really. :( . . .

Social rules can be a real issue, more so in some cultural/employment/educational situations. Unfortunately, those rules are often unwritten or unstated.

New Threads

Top Bottom