• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

how can a housebound person prevent meltdowns

Truly good points. And we beat ourself up endlessly for our bad choices. Try to release as much as you can in a vague format. l have done the same. l purposely stay vague. Nobody can help me either. Some is related to my poor choice in marriage and his crappy connections. Some probably goes to some of my poor choices in men. Probably all goes to that.

Truly good points. And we beat ourself up endlessly for our bad choices. Try to release as much as you can in a vague format. l have done the same. l purposely stay vague. Nobody can help me either. Some is related to my poor choice in marriage and his crappy connections. Some probably goes to some of my poor choices in men. Probably all goes to that.
I made really bad choices that could negatively affect people in a massive way like ruin thier lives.
I know autistics hate vagueness, so do I.
I also have physical health issues.
sorry you had poor choice in men.

I made really bad choices that could negatively affect people in a massive way like ruin thier lives.
I know autistics hate vagueness, so do I.
I also have physical health issues.
sorry you had poor choice in men.

It must be hard. Some of my choices affected my mom and my daughter. And there isn't anything l can do except tiptoe around and stay vague like a shadow so as not to subject anyone else to my bad choices.

It must be hard. Some of my choices affected my mom and my daughter. And there isn't anything l can do except tiptoe around and stay vague like a shadow so as not to subject anyone else to my bad choices.
It's worrying isn't it. With me, I fear the effects of my choices are saying "We haven't even started yet" I try to be positive however, I seem to get one or more different new fresh problems every or most days so far. Want things to turn around.

It's worrying isn't it. With me, I fear the effects of my choices are saying "We haven't even started yet" I try to be positive however, I seem to get one or more different new fresh problems every or most days so far. Want things to turn around.
Do you have panic disorder(panic attacks very regularly), if so try listening to it, what happens next might not be painless but the panic is not the truth.
For instance I think I can just eat when ever! but the panic doesn't agree !but that is IBS !not! panic its taken me years too be vulnerable still learning, being vulnerable is the wall breaking down, that I constructed ,because of panic I have literally felt it break down but G-d did that .

Do you have panic disorder(panic attacks very regularly), if so try listening to it, what happens next might not be painless but the panic is not the truth.
For instance I think I can just eat when ever! but the panic doesn't agree !but that is IBS !not! panic its taken me years too be vulnerable still learning, being vulnerable is the wall breaking down, that I constructed ,because of panic I have literally felt it break down but G-d did that .
I sometimes wake up gasping for air, however I tape my mouth each night to avoid mouth breathing.
I don't have panic attacks thankfully during the day

I used to have major problems with stress. Ideally it helps to change the situation that's causing you stress, but if that's not possible, you can reduce stress by changing how you think about it.

Stress has been shown to alter how the brain works by causing people to magnify their problems and assume the worst (which is great if your stress is caused by a nearby lion who wants to eat you but often harmful in modern times).

My advise is to go on psychology websites and read about stress, how it affects your brain, and ways to reduce stress.

I think yoga and stretching are part of mindfulness. These are generally good to try. Maybe get into meditation as well. Exercise and drinking water can help if that doesn't exacerbate bad habits for you. Learning skills that allow you to become more independent for yourself can help too possibly.

Yeah the stressors are all related, its the fact that these problems could not only negatively impact my life but others, I cant go too much into it on a public forum.
PM members in the box with an envelope in the top right corner to middle, its just like email ,so its private, apart you can report !!!offensive action to admin,try emailing the Samaritans as well the address is in the resource section, try mind.org but don't rely on any one source ,try to avoid emergency mental health they just aren't accurate or equipped or really interested.

I wonder if Qi Gong would suit you, it's gentle movements that are calming and meditative, you might like it better than Mindfulness as it would probably help to be in slight motion. It is also good for stress and anxiety, and general health.

Look online for easy Qi Gong routines to follow the tutors movements. Its calming and pleasant and can be done in a gentle way so suits all, elders and people with disabilities or back pain etc. Your CPN might find you info on it too.

I wonder if Qi Gong would suit you, it's gentle movements that are calming and meditative, you might like it better than Mindfulness as it would probably help to be in slight motion. It is also good for stress and anxiety, and general health.

Look online for easy Qi Gong routines to follow the tutors movements. Its calming and pleasant and can be done in a gentle way so suits all, elders and people with disabilities or back pain etc. Your CPN might find you info on it too.
None of these things, they would have helped years ago but there have been some changes since.

None of these things, they would have helped years ago but there have been some changes since.
I've waited 45 years for a diagnosis but that's common especially as I'm female and definitely as I'm from England ,here's my sob story took an overdose of sedatives in 2015, apart from panic disorder being slightly worse ,no different, nearly lost my home in 1998 as the government was trying to force my mother to sell the house, to pay for the nursing home fees where she was dying,she's been dead 20 years now I considered suicide in the first months after she died didn't do it ,I can say I'd be an alcoholic but I think G-d has prevented it,I do it with food instead,my diet was inadequate so when I got an infection I was just not strong enough to stop it lost 2-3 stones in 6 weeks,I've starved a couple of times when my benefit was stopped ,as you can see its common for our community to have problems .

I've waited 45 years for a diagnosis but that's common especially as I'm female and definitely as I'm from England ,here's my sob story took an overdose of sedatives in 2015, apart from panic disorder being slightly worse ,no different, nearly lost my home in 1998 as the government was trying to force my mother to sell the house, to pay for the nursing home fees where she was dying,she's been dead 20 years now I considered suicide in the first months after she died didn't do it ,I can say I'd be an alcoholic but I think G-d has prevented it,I do it with food instead,my diet was inadequate so when I got an infection I was just not strong enough to stop it lost 2-3 stones in 6 weeks,I've starved a couple of times when my benefit was stopped ,as you can see its common for our community to have problems .
That's a long wait, my mum thought I was autistic as a baby.
Sorry you felt so low you took an overdose.
Glad you did not lose your home, how can they put you out of your home to pay for your mums care fees?
Sorry for the loss of your mother.
Glad you didnt go through with suicide after your loss.
Glad the Lord prevented alcoholism.
It's disgusting that benefits could be stopped.
I can't say too much, I live in a private property, I fear homelessness. Sorry for the vagueness.

New Threads

Top Bottom