• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How are you doing?

Woke up at 5:30 this morning, so I'm super sleepy...I have some work to do, but can't bring myself to start.

Been out of touch with my feelings lately. Very much on autopilot. Doing a lot of caretaking for my partner and helping him stealthily move out of his soon to be ex-roommate's apartment little by little. The person is very emotionally/mentally abusive and can get people involved who I'm terrified would hurt him physically if whipped into provocation by the roommate. Or possibly hurt me. I'm not a very big or particularly strong guy, but I have stood between them during conflict when I wasn't sure if things would escalate. It didn't. But the threat was in the air. Haha. Ha... :(

It will get better soon. We're just taking things slow and trying to play our cards right. As scary as things are right now, we're going to be so much happier when we are living together. <3 We're going to adopt another cat. :)

Not only was yesterday's graduation loud and somewhat fascistic in the character of the speeches, but also I got news the other day that my girl friend is very possibly moving 3/4 of the way across the American continent.

I had been hoping to marry her.

The trouble is her mother doesn't believe her capable of living on her own. There's talk about her family being poorer; I don't know how true that is but oh well. Her mother told her she's probably not able to manage as she's autistic.

I'm not giving up on her and she isn't giving up on me. But we are really going to miss one another.

Between that with the speaker who advocates a politicized Christianity repressing any expression not of the faith, and the news that I might be short one girlfriend, this is just not my weekend.

And I cannot tell my family that I don't have eyes for the architecture and the libraries and the happy (almost exclusively Caucasian) faces, given the circumstance. I've been masking all weekend.

Beer has been good to me.

I've been better. Retirement has its challenges. (Hubby: Now that you're retired, you can take care of this...and this...and this...)

BUT, let's not dwell on the negative.

The most wonderful thing happened today. I got an unexpected Happy Mother's Day text from my now adult foster daughter, complete with dancing colorful hearts.

Not only was yesterday's graduation loud and somewhat fascistic in the character of the speeches, but also I got news the other day that my girl friend is very possibly moving 3/4 of the way across the American continent.

I had been hoping to marry her.

The trouble is her mother doesn't believe her capable of living on her own. There's talk about her family being poorer; I don't know how true that is but oh well. Her mother told her she's probably not able to manage as she's autistic.

I'm not giving up on her and she isn't giving up on me. But we are really going to miss one another.

Between that with the speaker who advocates a politicized Christianity repressing any expression not of the faith, and the news that I might be short one girlfriend, this is just not my weekend.

And I cannot tell my family that I don't have eyes for the architecture and the libraries and the happy (almost exclusively Caucasian) faces, given the circumstance. I've been masking all weekend.

Beer has been good to me.
Is her mother her legal guardian? If not, she can live wherever she wants.

After more than 20 years of helping people with developmental disabilities learn to live independently, I have found that parents are frequently the biggest barrier to overcome.

Her family would be poorer if she moved out. She is getting some $780 per month. Her mother is probably her rep payee and that money is used to support the family. The mother can ligitimately take from that check money for room and board and other expenses. Of course they don't want her living on her own.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel good. Tired. After a long week of working, I finally got 2 days off. Yesterday after work, I took my guitar and battery powered amp to one of the busiest intersections in town and played for 5 hours straight and came home and crashed. I made $13. I'm happy because I've been talking to a girl. I like her but I'm not sure if she wants to be more than friends. I want to find someone to fall in love with and get married eventually. It sucks being alone and having a lot of love with no one to give it to. Today I posted a live video on Facebook playing my guitar. At first I couldn't figure out how to flip the camera around so the first half of it is dark. I think it sounded good and my page is public so you can check it out if you want to. I was hungry when I recorded the video but I didn't feel like cooking or going out either so I just played my guitar instead of eating. Then I set off to go to a steakhouse and saw a pizza place on the way and couldn't decide what I wanted. I went ahead and walked to the store to buy a steak because I didn't want to spend a lot of money just for someone to cook for me. I bought some steaks and a few other things, and on the way back home I stopped by the pizza place I saw on the way there and got a pizza. I was going to eat it in there, but there were two large families sitting eating and talking and I couldn't handle all the noise so I went ahead and got my pizza to go. When I got home the people in my house were all eating steak and no one offered me anything. They do this where they cook a meal and share it but don't ask me if I want anything. So I'm just chilling in my room and my steak is chilling in the refrigerator until I feel like cooking it someday.

I've been better. Retirement has its challenges. (Hubby: Now that you're retired, you can take care of this...and this...and this...)

BUT, let's not dwell on the negative.

The most wonderful thing happened today. I got an unexpected Happy Mother's Day text from my now adult foster daughter, complete with dancing colorful hearts.
Happy mother's Day

I am sipping ice cold water while sitting next to the AC in my house and deciding what movie I will watch next. I also am feeling happy but the sunburn sucks.

Is her mother her legal guardian? If not, she can live wherever she wants.

After more than 20 years of helping people with developmental disabilities learn to live independently, I have found that parents are frequently the biggest barrier to overcome.

Her family would be poorer if she moved out. She is getting some $780 per month. Her mother is probably her rep payee and that money is used to support the family. The mother can ligitimately take from that check money for room and board and other expenses. Of course they don't want her living on her own.

Just my 2 cents.
I do not think she's on disabilities. Being disabled does not equal having been on disability income or pensions. For example I am unemployed but am too damn proud to go on unemployment (Too much paperwork as well.)

Parents are very frequently an aggravating factor in peoples' disabilities. That I agree with you. How much depression is preventable because of circumstances? How much anxiety wouldn't exist if people didn't put so much effort into creating it for other people?

I do not think she's on disabilities. Being disabled does not equal having been on disability income or pensions. For example I am unemployed but am too damn proud to go on unemployment (Too much paperwork as well.)

Parents are very frequently an aggravating factor in peoples' disabilities. That I agree with you. How much depression is because of circumstances? How much anxiety wouldn't exist if people didn't put so much effort into creating it for other people?

Ask your girlfriend if she is on disability. Ask her if her mother collects her disability money and how her mother spends it. @WhitewaterWoman hit the nail on the head about how some custodial parents deliberately resist the independence of their disabled children because the parent would lose the income if the child left home.

I've witnessed my sister-in-law do the same thing to my autistic nephew for two decades. She "dummies" him down, doesn't want him to learn anything, and pretends he is much more disabled than he really is. Sometimes I want to cry about how stuck in a rut he is with his mother and the realization that when she dies or becomes incapacitated, he may be too old to learn to live independently of other people. It's very sad. And cruel.

Just feeling tired of life. Knowing nothing will ever change where i live. I am hoping to die with my parents since there is no one else i trust showing my true self. I don't like life.

Ask your girlfriend if she is on disability. Ask her if her mother collects her disability money and how her mother spends it. @WhitewaterWoman hit the nail on the head about how some custodial parents deliberately resist the independence of their disabled children because the parent would lose the income if the child left home.

I've witnessed my sister-in-law do the same thing to my autistic nephew for two decades. She "dummies" him down, doesn't want him to learn anything, and pretends he is much more disabled than he really is. Sometimes I want to cry about how stuck in a rut he is with his mother and the realization that when she dies or becomes incapacitated, he may be too old to learn to live independently of other people. It's very sad. And cruel.

Reason why I'm asking is because I am really wanting to get a operating Vintage 1948 American LaFrance 700 series pumper enclosed cab fire truck. I'm trying to save up to get it, but I'm struggling a little between groceries, food, and gas. I'm looking for one that is restored and in operating condition for $3,250 or less. I'm willing to go up to $6,500 or less however.

I'm wanting this truck to use for parades, events, and to give my neices and nephews and other family rides in the truck. Most of my neices and nephews have outgrown tractor rides.

I could really use some help into making this dream become a reality so if anyone knows of a program or knows what to do please leave a comments or message.
Your girlfriend may not know that she gets social security. A parent can do all the paperwork and be rep payee. Or…Some of my clients knew they got a check, but they did not know how much it was.

Not okay. I am overwhelmed from speak ing too much, smiling too much. Being around people is exhausting. I cant ever be myself bc it might make people uncomfortable. I just wish there were people like me around me. Everyone is too loud and expressive

File:UP Diliman - open field (Quezon City)(2017-11-21).jpg - Wikimedia  Commons

New Threads

Top Bottom