• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Horror movies poll!

Horror Movies?

• Hell, no!

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Suspense is OK, horror is not.

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • As long as it is intellectually stimulating, I can handle it.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • As long as it is not too gory, I can handle it.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Let's watch Blood Feast together!

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Who comes up with these poll options, anyway?

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
Here is the unofficial Autism Forums Horror Movies poll.

Let your opinion on my favorite cinematic genre be well-known here.

I feel like the only person that kinda likes slasher films.

Don't get me wrong; there's a lot of bad ones but the classics are classics for a reason. I feel like most people only hate slasher films because they heard about how bad all the lame ripoffs and pointless sequels are and never actually bothered checking out the originals.

I’m somewhere between options four and five. I love horror and certainly can take gore, but I don’t like gore just for the sake of gore. I hate when they try to startle and shock with jump scares and ridiculous amounts of gore instead of actually being scary. I like movies where there’s something to think about, and that really stick with you afterward. Also can’t stand horror-comedies, they always ruin the good parts by trying to be funny.

I never realized how much i was into horror until recently (im assuming its do to maturing with age and becoming more self aware)

i REALLY like sci-fi horror, with the horror aspect involving body horror. so i like

The Thing
The Fly
Video Drome
Event Horizon
(arguably) the Matrices
Every Star Trek TNG involving the Borg
The Alien Saga

I also like fantasy horror, especially if it involves Christian lore. There are not many good examples. But the Prophecy I would consider in that genre, ESPECIALLY the first one.

I watch alot of horror stuff.... but not movies. Youtube. Can be made by anybody. Normal movies honestly never did it for me... put all the budget you want into something, it doesnt guarantee that it's going to be scary or even mildly creepy. Often they come out just being bloody stupid. So.... yeah, Youtube.

Examples:

This House Has People In It (Easily my favorite... there is nothing else like this. Nothing. It's about 12 minutes long.... unless you look deeper. I wont spoil more)

Dont Hug Me, I'm Scared (my 2nd favorite. Looks like a kids' show with puppet characters. You quickly find out that it isnt)

Salad Fingers (infamous animated series... been around for a LONG time. Dont watch if you're squeamish)

Anomalies series (two roommates making video records of bizarre events happening in their apartment. This one has some of the most believable effects I've seen in horror media, period.)

the Louise Paxton series (One of the oldest horror things on Youtube. It caused quite a stir when it first showed up, as some people were convinced it was real. Some brilliant scenes in this one)

And there's plenty more stuff than that. None of these rely on gore or jumpscares (though Salad Fingers can be.... gross, at times). Well, no, DHMIS has one gory scene in the 5th episode.

Generally if something has to rely on either of those two things to create it's scary elements... it aint that good at what it's trying to do, and I just lose interest.

I watch alot of horror stuff.... but not movies. Youtube. Can be made by anybody. Normal movies honestly never did it for me... put all the budget you want into something, it doesnt guarantee that it's going to be scary or even mildly creepy. Often they come out just being bloody stupid. So.... yeah, Youtube.

Examples:

This House Has People In It (Easily my favorite... there is nothing else like this. Nothing. It's about 12 minutes long.... unless you look deeper. I wont spoil more)

Dont Hug Me, I'm Scared (my 2nd favorite. Looks like a kids' show with puppet characters. You quickly find out that it isnt)

Salad Fingers (infamous animated series... been around for a LONG time. Dont watch if you're squeamish)

Anomalies series (two roommates making video records of bizarre events happening in their apartment. This one has some of the most believable effects I've seen in horror media, period.)

the Louise Paxton series (One of the oldest horror things on Youtube. It caused quite a stir when it first showed up, as some people were convinced it was real. Some brilliant scenes in this one)

And there's plenty more stuff than that. None of these rely on gore or jumpscares (though Salad Fingers can be.... gross, at times). Well, no, DHMIS has one gory scene in the 5th episode.

Generally if something has to rely on either of those two things to create it's scary elements... it aint that good at what it's trying to do, and I just lose interest.

I assume you’ve probably seen “Bobby Yeah”? Not at all for the faint of heart, most people think it’s highly disturbing and apparently there are some sexual connotations that I miss (probably because I’m asexual, so sex and sex-related organs are usually about the farthest things from my mind). It’s stop-motion claymation.

The movie Tetsuo - The Iron Man rather reminds me of “Bobby Yeah” (although assuming there’s influence, it’s the other way around, I just saw the latter first).

Last edited:
I never realized how much i was into horror until recently (im assuming its do to maturing with age and becoming more self aware)

i REALLY like sci-fi horror, with the horror aspect involving body horror. so i like

The Thing
The Fly
Video Drome
Event Horizon
(arguably) the Matrices
Every Star Trek TNG involving the Borg
The Alien Saga

I also like fantasy horror, especially if it involves Christian lore. There are not many good examples. But the Prophecy I would consider in that genre, ESPECIALLY the first one.

Most of those are on my “favorites” list. I’m very into body horror also.

Last edited:
Silence of the Lambs and all the Hannibal Lector series, The American Horror Stories series,(especially
Creep Show), I like The Fly also.
The Descent comes to mind.
Psycho movies made well, keep my attention.
What tops the slasher scene and music from Psycho?

I liked Child's Play but more for the humor than horror (this is the end my friend)I guess I' more into comedy than horror.
Also like Scared Straight,which not horror but because it's all real,that sort of makes it more scary.You always know a horror flick in the end fake,but Scared Straight is real,so it hits a bit harder

Most of those are on my “favorites” list. I’m very into body horror also.
yeh i like the hellraisers too (1 and 2 mostly). i don't like slasher films, but i think the reason is innate. after watching analysis of the idea of slasher film i think i realize i dont like the subliminary sexual and male focused fear. i feel like with films like hellraiser, they don't focus on that stereotype. in hellraiser, the instrument of "evil" is a box. very feminine in design, as opposed to the instrument of evil being phallic, like a knife, or a chain saw, or simply trees that rape (the evil dead reference). movies like Hellraiser, The VVitch, Suspiria, Hereditary, Alien . . . i feel these are more cerebral horror films, or just dont depend on a scary guy trying to penetrate young women.

I love both psychological thrillers and supernatural ghost stuff. I don't like gore and zombie movies much though, i just find them icky as opposed to scary.
One of the most distutbing movies i watched recently was "hereditary" it just mentally scarred me on some level.

I'm not like a horror movie lover but I like to watch some from time to time. I like those horror movies with somekind of background, science stuff or horror stories. Just gore like SAW franchise just didn't click in me.

Idk if that enters this post's criteria but I should say Alien movies, their prequel, Prometheus and Covenant. I once watched a couple of Cube movies, I can't rememebr the name, but there was this movie where several people enter one of this escape rooms and s..t starts to go down for them.

Honestly, with me, when I watch a gory horror movie, I am interested in how the special effects have been pulled off. Sometimes I have a lot more fun watching the making of documentaries or listening to the commentary tracks than I do when watching the films themselves. I know that is geeky and childish.

Honestly, with me, when I watch a gory horror movie, I am interested in how the special effects have been pulled off. Sometimes I have a lot more fun watching the making of documentaries or listening to the commentary tracks than I do when watching the films themselves. I know that is geeky and childish.

Have any idea on how this scene was done?

New Threads

Top Bottom