• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

'Holiday Music'

MROSS

Any specific favorites that are not too overplayed every holiday season?

My holiday choice expereinces popularity during the holiday season, the 1980s song 'Last Christmas' by the band WHAM. Somehow, 'Last Christmas' is one of those rare songs that doesn't start sounding too old - unlike too many overplayed holiday favorites.

Melanie Thornton - "Wonderful Dream (Holidays Are Coming)"

A variation of this is used the Christmas adverts involving the Coca-Cola Trucks, but the song itself is still nice to listen to:

I won't post a link due to the racy language used in it but Fairytale of New York by the Pogues never gets old! Sadly Shane MacGowan, the person that wrote it died recently. Also Kirsty MacColl who performed the song with him died a couple of decades ago. Together they bottled lightning. In an ideal world they would have been doing special performances of the song until 2050, but it was not to be :(

Any specific favorites that are not too overplayed every holiday season?

My holiday choice expereinces popularity during the holiday season, the 1980s song 'Last Christmas' by the band WHAM. Somehow, 'Last Christmas' is one of those rare songs that doesn't start sounding too old - unlike too many overplayed holiday favorites.
I cannot help it, I have several Christian favourites
But my favourite normal ones are grown up Christmas list, white Christmas, chestnuts roasting on an open fire, it's beginning to look like Christmas, Rudolf, silent night, I'll be home for Christmas.
There's one I find funny...it goes it is going to be a cold, cold christmas without you Dana Audrey or something. It is funny.
I like a lot of classics I love Christmas carols bit sometimes towards the end they get a bit old.
I her thus way with Christmas sometimes so festive and then near the day I'm a bit over it but Christmas eve is always nice and then one big day and then it is over then I get thr boxing day blues.
Just kind of a low feeling. It is so commercial sometimes Christmas and sometimes feel like woman in particular feel a lot of pressure to do a lot of decorating, cooking, buy a lot of gifts, organising and then they get overstressed and do not enjoy it as much.
I sometimes enjoy doing all that but kind of sometimes get a bit over it towards the day sometimes I think buying gifts too causes unnecessary stress because it is just expected and people just expect them and then people are unhappy and stressed having to face crowded malls and work out what to buy people that is fairly cheap and that they will geniunely like in thousands of shops and people do not actually enjoy that most times and then people open gifts they do not like or is not really them
And they have to find a way to dispose of them.

I like traditional classical Christmas music. If I ever hear those barking dogs "singing" Jingle Bells, I'll lose my cool.

This is a nice one, it's called "Sonja's Song to the Christmas Star", from a Christmas movie from the 1970s. It's one of those songs everyone knows that warms the cockles of your heart when you hear it.

Sabaton - Christmas Truce

A song about the Christmas Truce during the First World War in 1914, which is a part of history that should never be forgotten:

I like traditional classical Christmas music. If I ever hear those barking dogs "singing" Jingle Bells, I'll lose my cool.
Did you see the one with a Star Wars theme? I'm guessing you really wouldn't like that one either! ;)

These two selections offered novel appraoches to classic holiday songs.

- Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy - (Bing Crosby / David Bowie) (1977).
- God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen - Barenaked Ladies (2004)

New Threads

Top Bottom