• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hola from nightopia

hola, i'm new here. i was recently placed on the waiting list for a diagnosis. i have a history of social and communication dysfunction, some ocd kind of issues. generally odd behaviour. anxiety. a few years ago i met my partner online, and after meeting her family her mother told her that she thought i show signs of autism. since there are two younger children in their family, my partner's nephews, who are on the spectrum, they are familiar with it. they said i should bring it up with my g.p. and after reviewing my history she did happen to agree and she recomended me for assessment, but that's not going to happen quickly.

hiiiiiiiiiiiii!

hola, i'm new here. i was recently placed on the waiting list for a diagnosis. i have a history of social and communication dysfunction, some ocd kind of issues. generally odd behaviour. anxiety. a few years ago i met my partner online, and after meeting her family her mother told her that she thought i show signs of autism. since there are two younger children in their family, my partner's nephews, who are on the spectrum, they are familiar with it. they said i should bring it up with my g.p. and after reviewing my history she did happen to agree and she recomended me for assessment, but that's not going to happen quickly.

hiiiiiiiiiiiii!
I was seen within in 5 months of my GP recognising(standing in the examination room rocking from side to side extremely distressed from constant unending and panic attacks)I was autistic, I think in my area they are trying to catch up on the backlog I'm in North East England, in North East England we have an autism team ,I don't know how the coronavirus will affect diagnosis, one thing I would give as a caveat don't get a private diagnosis ,the NHS don't respect it, unless you want to just keep paying privately for therapy.

i am in the north east too, i don't know how the pandemic has changed waiting times, but they said it could even be a few years i'll be waiting, but they'll try and make it quicker if possible. i would guess things have been disrupted quite a bit, though.

upload_2020-9-27_8-57-55.png

Hi, fellow newbie!

You're quite a bit ahead of me in your journey but you'll soon find out that you're not alone here. Very welcome and helpful people on here!

Looking forward to reading your contributions to subjects that are being discussed here!

New Threads

Top Bottom