• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

High IQ

I did the IQ test about ten years ago and it said I was on par with Einstein.

More recently though I only got 116 which was above average. In this, I am wondering if the fact that my head now holds much more 'things' whether that is an impact in decline?!

If those were two different tests, their scoring scales are likely different from each other. The only way that you can really compare them is to convert them into z-scores or percentiles.

If those were two different tests, their scoring scales are likely different from each other. The only way that you can really compare them is to convert them into z-scores or percentiles.

I guess with all the changing and implementing new tests etc this would make sense.

It is just a single facet to help neurologists (and educators) do their job. It is no different than measuring height, weight, lung capacity, blood pressure, etc.
Except there's not different forms of weight. More to the point, weight is not a measure of your ability to answer questions that were developed with an agenda in the first place.

weight is not a measure of your ability to answer questions that were developed with an agenda in the first place

The agenda being making the developers feel good about themselves. I think we all know how ableist IQ-tests are.

I did that one.
Only 40 questions and an easy format.
I have my "secret code" but I don't know
how to take my pretty graph from there
and bring it over here.

Help?
:evergreen:
I suggest taking a screen shot. Most keyboards should have a print screen key.

Except there's not different forms of weight. More to the point, weight is not a measure of your ability to answer questions that were developed with an agenda in the first place.
If you you look at the WAIS(-IV), each test is meant to evaluate very specific parts of your brain. Even your general practitioner does some preliminary neurological screening when they ask you to walk in a straight line, touch your nose with your eyes closed, etc.

I have my "secret code" but I don't know
how to take my pretty graph from there
and bring it over here.
Once the image is on your screen, you may be able to right-click on it and save it to your computer. (Save it with an easy-to-remember name, if not already so.) From there, you can upload it to your photohost.

I don't know why anybody would want to know how I scored on this.
Unless, possibly to compare.

Verbal Intelligence

You prefer verbal intelligence, using it with comfort and ease. Given an opportunity, you will usually select it. Becoming an expert should be rewarding and fulfilling, and will require little effort.

Musical Intelligence

You use musical intelligence with some comfort and ease. You could take or leave the application or use of this intelligence. While you accept it, you do not embrace it. Gaining expertise in this intelligence would be satisfying, but would require considerable effort.

Logical/Mathematical Intelligence

You use logical/mathematical intelligence with some comfort and ease. You could take or leave the application or use of this intelligence. While you accept it, you do not embrace it. Gaining expertise in this intelligence would be satisfying, but would require considerable effort.

Spatial Intelligence

You use spacial intelligence with some comfort and ease. You could take or leave the application or use of this intelligence. While you accept it, you do not embrace it. Gaining expertise in this intelligence would be satisfying, but would require considerable effort.

Kinesthetic Intelligence

Kinesthetic intelligence is not one of your favorites. You will probably go out of your way to avoid situations where you must exercise this intelligence. Gaining expertise in this intelligence might be frustrating, and would require great effort.

Intrapersonal Intelligence

You prefer intrapersonal intelligence, using it with comfort and ease. Given an opportunity, you will usually select it. Becoming an expert should be rewarding and fulfilling, and will require little effort.

Interpersonal Intelligence

You use interpersonal intelligence with some comfort and ease. You could take or leave the application or use of this intelligence. While you accept it, you do not embrace it. Gaining expertise in this intelligence would be satisfying, but would require considerable effort.

Naturalist Intelligence

You prefer the naturalist intelligence, using it with comfort and ease. Given an opportunity, you will usually select it. Becoming an expert should be rewarding and fulfilling, and will require little effort.

sheesh
A lot of "take it or leave it" and lack of 'embracing.' o_O
There should have been a 'hanging out with felines' intelligence.
Hmm...Maybe there is. :) [Naturalist]

So, the first and the last styles, according to this,
describe me. Verbal/Naturalist
:evergreen:

There is a lot of criticism of the Multiple Intelligence theory, mostly that it relies heavily on individual perceptions and lack of objectivity. There has been little research to further the theory, and what has been done does not really support it, but in an emotional way, it seems valid. But to me, it still depends on a functional level of IQ to best utilize the different Intelligences, and a high IQ does not guarantee effective use of the multiple intelligences.

When I was last formally tested for IQ, I scored 139. Yet, I struggle in many areas, even in those in which I score highly on Multiple Intelligence tests. I have emotional and motivational problems that tend to sabotage my efforts in areas where I have strong abilities and interests. I also have social anxiety issues that stunt my success, since some degree of social aptitude and resilience is valuable in "selling" what you have to offer.
I have a personal theory. Multiple Intelligence theory is just a pick me up. It's like taking the classification of dogs and saying cats are a type of dog. If cat's are dogs then why can't they fetch. I do all sorts of test's and stuff but they're focused around logic. I think the only types of intelligences are spatial, logical, and linguistic.

I think the only types of intelligences are spatial, logical, and linguistic.

I have another theory. It's that "intelligence" is mostly a social construct. The ability to perceive patterns fast is a real thing, but what do motor skills have to do with it? And why would it be so important that everyone should have it? It's not, it just got repurposed as a thing that affects social status.

There is a lot of criticism of the Multiple Intelligence theory, mostly that it relies heavily on individual perceptions and lack of objectivity. There has been little research to further the theory, and what has been done does not really support it, but in an emotional way, it seems valid. But to me, it still depends on a functional level of IQ to best utilize the different Intelligences, and a high IQ does not guarantee effective use of the multiple intelligences.

When I was last formally tested for IQ, I scored 139. Yet, I struggle in many areas, even in those in which I score highly on Multiple Intelligence tests. I have emotional and motivational problems that tend to sabotage my efforts in areas where I have strong abilities and interests. I also have social anxiety issues that stunt my success, since some degree of social aptitude and resilience is valuable in "selling" what you have to offer.

Kinda like me :
Once i figure out how something is done - what's the point of doing it?

I would think it impossible : but every post on this thread seems to be better than the last. Even if you read it backwards.

Some brilliant contributions.

I have another theory. It's that "intelligence" is mostly a social construct. The ability to perceive patterns fast is a real thing, but what do motor skills have to do with it? And why would it be so important that everyone should have it? It's not, it just got repurposed as a thing that affects social status.
I think that IQ is the best social construct at defining real intelligence.

I never said they're accurate but they're pretty much the best I know of.

In the real world they are a relatively meaningless benchmark.

Even the military employs the ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) test, more about vocational aptitude relative to skill sets one possesses than a nebulous IQ test.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom