• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

BigCisHere

So I figure I should make one. I'm not very good at this, but then I imagine neither are many other people here, so it probably doesn't matter :)

I'm not really sure what goes in one of these things. So I guess I will just tell you a little about me.

My name is Adam and I am 23 years old. I was only diagnosed with AS in the last month or two. My dad was the one who first brought attention to the fact I could have it a few years ago, but after talking to one or two people, it was never explored.

Finally last year I went back to my GP and we managed to get referred, and the man I saw at the neurodevelopmental unit in Birmingham told me that he believes I do have AS. He was also surprised I was not diagnosed earlier in life, something that I wish had happened too, as it could have made my teen years a lot easier.

I have always believed I had it since my dad first mentioned it. I read up a lot about symptoms and all that kind of stuff quite a lot, and always believed that it described me almost perfectly.

It's nice to find a place like this where I almost feel at home with other people who seem to be like me :) I hope to lurk around on here for a long time.

Oh and before I forget, thanks for the awesome forum. I like it. :D

That's about all I can think of to put in, and some of it was probably unnecessary, but I just typed what came out of my fingers :)

Welcome to Aspergic.com

aspforumsig50.jpg

So I figure I should make one. I'm not very good at this, but then I imagine neither are many other people here, so it probably doesn't matter :)

I'm not really sure what goes in one of these things. So I guess I will just tell you a little about me.

My name is Adam and I am 23 years old. I was only diagnosed with AS in the last month or two. My dad was the one who first brought attention to the fact I could have it a few years ago, but after talking to one or two people, it was never explored.

Finally last year I went back to my GP and we managed to get referred, and the man I saw at the neurodevelopmental unit in Birmingham told me that he believes I do have AS. He was also surprised I was not diagnosed earlier in life, something that I wish had happened too, as it could have made my teen years a lot easier.

I have always believed I had it since my dad first mentioned it. I read up a lot about symptoms and all that kind of stuff quite a lot, and always believed that it described me almost perfectly.

It's nice to find a place like this where I almost feel at home with other people who seem to be like me :) I hope to lurk around on here for a long time.

Oh and before I forget, thanks for the awesome forum. I like it. :D

That's about all I can think of to put in, and some of it was probably unnecessary, but I just typed what came out of my fingers :)
can I ask did you get any help from 23 to 25 I was diagnosed when I was 45 and I would like to know what you are offered up to the age of 25 as I am also in the UK thanks

can I ask did you get any help from 23 to 25 I was diagnosed when I was 45 and I would like to know what you are offered up to the age of 25 as I am also in the UK thanks
The OP hasn't been here for over 9 years, so I doubt you'll get an answer.

New Threads

Top Bottom