• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Akemi

So, this is my first time on something like this. My best friend found sites like this when he was looking for ways to help understand me, so I am now coming to try and find help myself. I don't really know how to talk to people well, but I think that is okay. I don't really know what else to say...

Hi Akemi :)

welcome to af.png

Hi Akemi. And welcome. Hope you have a positive experience here.

Welcome, @Akemi! :)
You could say something about your hobbies and interests, for example, if you like.

Well, I like animals, art, languages (though I am not fluent, only have tidbits of basics), cultures, history, music, and gaming. I prefer online friends to real ones, but I do like getting hugs from people I approve of touching. Most of my art and writing is done to soothe my anxiety and help me understand my emotions. I still am trying to get good enough at talking to where my best friend doesn't feel drained (too many emotions, especially negative ones, drain him)

I like music and languages as well.
Which languages, music and cultures are you particularly into?
well, I have been into Japanese since I was pretty young, (bg5555ffffffffffffffffffffffyyyyyyyf ~Sincerely Maple the Cat) German, Dutch, Gaelic, Hungarian, Chinese, Russian, Arabic, Turkish, Italian, and Hebrew are some of the languages I am interested in, though American Sign Language is the one that I am turning into a profession. I don't really have music that I don't like unless I find a particular issue with how the song is done. As to cultures, Japanese is the main culture I study, followed by Deaf Culture (there is a reason for the capital D, I assure you) and various European cultures (typically I base it off what food looks yummy, now that I look at it, no wonder Asian and Europeans have me hooked.)

Welcome to the forums, Akemi! My name's Jessie, nice to meet you. Hopefully coming on here will help you, these forums helped me a lot :) Everyone's really friendly and nice here. I like animals too - do you have any pets? Wow, you sure know bits and pieces of a lot of languages, that is so cool. Have you travelled to any places in the world that speak those languages before, or would you like to?

New Threads

Top Bottom