• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! Thanks for having me here. I hope to chat with people and make friends! =D

David C.

Hi!

I'm David C. from NY. Well, I forgot what I was going to say here xD. I'm 34 and live alone in an apartment. I've got my own car that my parents mostly paid for. I've had many jobs starting at 16, getting my working papers and I worked at a Subway for a winter and some months in spring and summer. I've had many jobs since then but I stopped working after a few horrific experiences with co-workers being actual monsters and that plus a string of deaths in my family, (My Grandmother, My second oldest brother and an uncle). I spiraled into a deep depression that lasted for 8 years and I've finally been able to recover from it. I'll always miss lost family members but I can now at least be semi functional.

Well, I hope this introduction isn't too much but it's relative? Idk, Thanks for having me here! =D

Hi! Welcome to the forum! I lived alone in an apartment through my thirties, so I relate there. As well, I tried several jobs but could not really function at those where there were people. It's OK. I'm doing as well as possible now. I hope you find comfort here and find what you are looking for.

upload_2022-4-23_16-26-9.png

Hi and welcome. I'm sorry things have been so tough for you, it's good that you have emerged from that long depression and are here, I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive. Please do join in discussions and share your thoughts and ideas, and any strategies you have in relation to your autism that work well!

:seedling::turtle::herb::bug::leafwind::sunflower::cat:

That's a lot to go through. I stopped working because the level of trolls in the work force is discouraging.

Welcome here. :)

Hi David, welcome! :)

I live alone too. I'm in my late 20s. I worked in traditional/retail jobs for over 10 years and I really struggled socially, to the point that I kept getting fired. So I got my "revenge" by starting my own business and being successful at what I do (I am a professional dog walker/trainer/groomer/petsitter.) :)

There are a variety of topics and opinions on here and they're all quite helpful, and it's easy to educate oneself on many different subjects here. Hopefully you'll make yourself at home and stick around with us!

- Luca

Welcome, David! :) You'll meet lots of lovely supportive people here who do all sorts of interesting things. I'm sure you'll enjoy this community.

NYC! We're on a remote coast in rural Australia. I'm pretty new here but already feel like part of the community and I already care about many of the regulars here, and newbies too!

...We've never been to NYC but if we had, anytime in the last 30 years, we'd have loved to have caught Suzanne Vega playing in her hometown. And aren't the Yeah Yeah Yeahs from your part of the world as well? And then there was the late Lou Reed. I don't know if The Pixies are New Yorkers... and the museums and art in your city are apparently amazing. Maybe you can tell us a bit more about New York as you go along. I'm pretty sure I'd have trouble sleeping in that city though! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom