• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi :) Just introducing myself

That sounds pretty cool. We did Biology too last semester in Science, genetics, where we looked at fruit flies with different traits and got to breed them and see what traits they inherited and stuff like that. This year my electives were Graphics (which I really like), History, Accounting (which I was terrible at and hated!), and Visual Art (which was fun), plus a free study period instead of a fifth elective where I could do work from other subjects for an hour or so. For senior years, my choices were Design, Psychology and Modern History and possibly a study period too if they let me. I'm not too sure what I want to do when I leave school yet, maybe work with animals or have a job helping people in some way, once I get better at being around people, which I'm guessing is going to take a while.

That sounds awesome! Especially the genetics stuff, that's what I want to base my whole career off of (genetics is one of my special interests). Is Graphics like Graphic Design on computers? And yuck, I don't like Accounting either.

It's okay not to have a definite plan yet, you still have a lot of time to decide. And you don't have to choose a career where you work directly with people if you don't want to. For example, I want to be a lab director who researches genetic diseases, partly because it's a passion of mine, and partly because I can work as much or as little with other people as I like and you're not expected to have outstanding social skills. It's totally up to you though.

That sounds awesome! Especially the genetics stuff, that's what I want to base my whole career off of (genetics is one of my special interests). Is Graphics like Graphic Design on computers? And yuck, I don't like Accounting either.

It's okay not to have a definite plan yet, you still have a lot of time to decide. And you don't have to choose a career where you work directly with people if you don't want to. For example, I want to be a lab director who researches genetic diseases, partly because it's a passion of mine, and partly because I can work as much or as little with other people as I like and you're not expected to have outstanding social skills. It's totally up to you though.

Researching genetic diseases sounds pretty cool! Yep, for Graphics we use a 3D design program on our computers called SketchUp. At the moment we're building a Tiny House, which is pretty fun. We get to design the exterior of the house and then build all the furniture inside all the rooms, and recently we've started to 3D print our exterior of our tiny houses, so we get to take home a real life hard copy (it's a smaller version though, not life size:grinning:!)! It's so cool. I could attach a few pictures of some stuff I've made, if you like?

1. This is my outdoor book nook, which is separate from the actual tiny home, where I can relax and read books! You can't really see inside too well, since it's only a screenshot, but inside I've got stacks of books and some hanging pot plants and some cushions and the little seating area where I can lie down and read. Oh, and some posters with quotes about books and pictures of my pets.

Screenshot (408).png

And this is part of my kitchen, which I've mostly finished, but still need to do the fridge :)
Screenshot (409).png

Sorry, I've sort of gone on and on about Graphics. I'll change the subject. Do you have any favourite TV shows or movies? I don't watch that much television, but my favourite TV show would probably be Air Crash Investigations. I just like how they put re-enactments of the crash and like seeing what little thing went wrong to make a horrible air disaster.

Researching genetic diseases sounds pretty cool! Yep, for Graphics we use a 3D design program on our computers called SketchUp. At the moment we're building a Tiny House, which is pretty fun. We get to design the exterior of the house and then build all the furniture inside all the rooms, and recently we've started to 3D print our exterior of our tiny houses, so we get to take home a real life hard copy (it's a smaller version though, not life size:grinning:!)! It's so cool. I could attach a few pictures of some stuff I've made, if you like?

1. This is my outdoor book nook, which is separate from the actual tiny home, where I can relax and read books! You can't really see inside too well, since it's only a screenshot, but inside I've got stacks of books and some hanging pot plants and some cushions and the little seating area where I can lie down and read. Oh, and some posters with quotes about books and pictures of my pets.

View attachment 49375
And this is part of my kitchen, which I've mostly finished, but still need to do the fridge :)
View attachment 49376
Sorry, I've sort of gone on and on about Graphics. I'll change the subject. Do you have any favourite TV shows or movies? I don't watch that much television, but my favourite TV show would probably be Air Crash Investigations. I just like how they put re-enactments of the crash and like seeing what little thing went wrong to make a horrible air disaster.

You're fine! The graphics stuff is really interesting, but I think it might be a little different from what we call "graphic design" here in the US. Graphic design is like making layouts of websites using html and the like. The graphics you're doing sounds way cooler.

As for my favorite TV shows, it's probably tied between Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Mr. Robot (which is funny because the two shows couldn't be more different). Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a comedy about a detective precinct in New York and Mr. Robot is a psychological drama about a gifted hacker who's trying to take down an evil conglomerate while battling severe psychosis.

My favorite movies are by far the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars has been a special interest of mine for almost four years now, and I feel such indescribable joy whenever I see one of the movies. What are some of your special interests? How long have you had them? What introduced you to them?

You're fine! The graphics stuff is really interesting, but I think it might be a little different from what we call "graphic design" here in the US. Graphic design is like making layouts of websites using html and the like. The graphics you're doing sounds way cooler.

As for my favorite TV shows, it's probably tied between Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Mr. Robot (which is funny because the two shows couldn't be more different). Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a comedy about a detective precinct in New York and Mr. Robot is a psychological drama about a gifted hacker who's trying to take down an evil conglomerate while battling severe psychosis.

My favorite movies are by far the Star Wars franchise. Star Wars has been a special interest of mine for almost four years now, and I feel such indescribable joy whenever I see one of the movies. What are some of your special interests? How long have you had them? What introduced you to them?

Hello Henry,

I'm really sorry for the late reply, by the way, quite a lot of stuff came up. Mr Robot sounds very exciting, I'd love to watch it, if I can find it. Brooklyn Nine-Nine sounds real good too. One of my main special interests would be Graphics and SketchUp. I've been doing SketchUp since Year 8, when i chose Graphics as one of my electives and absolutely love it! Unfortunately I can't do Graphics in Years 11 and 12, as there aren't enough people wanting to do it in senior years, so this year was my very last year which made me really sad :( But I came up with an idea of making a SketchUp club, where anyone who loves SketchUp from Years 7-12 at my school and the school up the road can come together at lunchtimes/afterschool/holidays to work on their own projects that we come up with, and I told my teacher and she was pretty keen on the idea! I had a great idea for my own new SketchUp project to work on in the holidays. I'm going to build a pirate ship, like those pirate ships they had in the olden days, and inside it below deck, I'm going to have a bookshop! And on top of the ship, it's going to be a cafe/reading area, where once you buy a book, you can take it up and get a snack and read. I'm really excited to start it and the teacher said once I had finished it, it would be a great advertisement idea for the possible new Graphics club. (Sorry, I really am ranting about Graphics, I just love it so much!!)

Another of my special interests is reading. I have loved reading since I was little, so it's not really a new thing, but I have always been a total bookworm. I really enjoy reading Young Adult fiction about real life stuff such as mental illness (another real interest of mine - i got into it from my own experiences and struggles with it), war, other people's lives etc. (I don't particularly like fantasy, dystopian, romance etc., although I do read certain books about those topics, but I'm quite picky). I also LOVE historical fiction and non fiction, especially about war and the holocaust and the titanic. I love reading about WW1 and WW2 in particular, and have been obsessed with reading war books since I was about 11. I'm also obsessed with the Titanic (the ship) and have loved reading non fiction about it since I was about 8, and I also like the movie Titanic (although all the romance - ugh, though its still really good). I also like certain Biographies too, and reading non fiction and personal life stories about Asperger's and people's experiences with it.

Do you have any pets? Are you doing anything in the holidays, like going away, or doing anything special for Christmas?

Jessie

New Threads

Top Bottom