• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi :) Just introducing myself

invisibility003

V.I.P Member
Hello,

I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself as I'm new :) My name's Jessie and I'm 15. I'm from Australia. I was diagnosed with Asperger's by my awesome psychiatrist while being treated for Anorexia at the time. I get really lonely a lot, especially while I'm at school, because no one seems to really like me and most of the time I'm ignored, plus I'm too nervous to even approach people, or even say hello to them. I feel invisible, hence the username, and I just want friends and to be connected with people in someway that doesn't involve real life face to face scary conversations! I love reading and I love my pets. I have a cat and a dog, both were rescue animals. They love each other too. My cat actually goes walking all the way around the block with the dog. When they finish their walking they even kiss each other and rub each other and it's so cute! Animals are great. Anyone else have any pets or favourite animals or hobbies??

Jessie :)

Hi Jessie :)

welcome to af.png

Hi Jessie! I'm new as well. I have the same problem with being lonely; it's been really hard for me to make friends at my university because I have a lot of trouble talking to people. I hope we can both find friends and not be lonely! :)

Hello,

I just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself as I'm new :) My name's Jessie and I'm 15. I'm from Australia. I was diagnosed with Asperger's by my awesome psychiatrist while being treated for Anorexia at the time. I get really lonely a lot, especially while I'm at school, because no one seems to really like me and most of the time I'm ignored, plus I'm too nervous to even approach people, or even say hello to them. I feel invisible, hence the username, and I just want friends and to be connected with people in someway that doesn't involve real life face to face scary conversations! I love reading and I love my pets. I have a cat and a dog, both were rescue animals. They love each other too. My cat actually goes walking all the way around the block with the dog. When they finish their walking they even kiss each other and rub each other and it's so cute! Animals are great. Anyone else have any pets or favourite animals or hobbies??

Jessie :)
I just got a dozen new goldfish to add to my aquatic pets :)

I chose ones with unusual colors and patterns that are now in their one month quarantine before being introduced to the older ones in their domain.
At the present, I have 3 aquariums running and one more waiting in the wings.

The new kids :)
20181116_055912.jpg
20181116_060306.jpg

Hi Jessie
You won't get ignored on here I'm sure. You sound quite bright and positive by your intro post. I look forward to getting to know you. Welcome to the community :)

Hello Jessie. I was just telling my daughter yesterday that it breaks my heart when I see her son standing back and just watching the other kids because I was the same way - just didn't know how to do it. Of course, now I'm not standing back wishing I could be like them and, like you, much prefer the non-face to face contact with people. :) Hope you enjoy it here.

Hi Jesse. I find a real refuge in animals. I have 2 cats and a rat now. I’ve had a few losses in the last couple of years so did have more but I adore them. They don’t judge, they just love. I don’t know where I’d be without them. I lived in Australia for 10 years. Where are you from? X

Hi Jessie! I'm new as well. I have the same problem with being lonely; it's been really hard for me to make friends at my university because I have a lot of trouble talking to people. I hope we can both find friends and not be lonely! :)

Hello King_Henry,
Nice to meet you! Glad I'm not all alone in being lonely and finding it hard talking to people :) What are you studying at university?
Jessie

Hi Jesse. I find a real refuge in animals. I have 2 cats and a rat now. I’ve had a few losses in the last couple of years so did have more but I adore them. They don’t judge, they just love. I don’t know where I’d be without them. I lived in Australia for 10 years. Where are you from? X

Hello Tanyax,
Yes, animals are awesome! :dogface::catface::catface: They're always there for you whatever you're feeling and don't even have to say anything to make you feel better, them just being there makes you feel so much better. I'm from Brisbane :sunflower:

Hello Jessie.
I also like animals. Fish, hamsters, dogs and, of course, cats. Any animal is interesting to me. I hope you feel comfortable and find a lot of friends here.

Hello King_Henry,
Nice to meet you! Glad I'm not all alone in being lonely and finding it hard talking to people :) What are you studying at university?
Jessie
Sorry for the late reply, it's nice to meet you too! I'm majoring in biochemistry and molecular biology. What are you studying/what do you want to study?

That sounds pretty cool. We did Biology too last semester in Science, genetics, where we looked at fruit flies with different traits and got to breed them and see what traits they inherited and stuff like that. This year my electives were Graphics (which I really like), History, Accounting (which I was terrible at and hated!), and Visual Art (which was fun), plus a free study period instead of a fifth elective where I could do work from other subjects for an hour or so. For senior years, my choices were Design, Psychology and Modern History and possibly a study period too if they let me. I'm not too sure what I want to do when I leave school yet, maybe work with animals or have a job helping people in some way, once I get better at being around people, which I'm guessing is going to take a while.

New Threads

Top Bottom