• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sabrina

Gentle & brave earthling
Hi, I'm a self diagnosed Aspie, and I'm pretty sure my husband and two kids are Aspies too (they haven't been diagnosed either). I'm looking forward to have a community, since I can't find one in my "real" world.
My Avatar is Cosima, from the series Orphan Black.
I've been an observer of Aspies Central (only reading) for more than a year, and now I've decided to join because my marriage feels like an earthquake and ... I need help.

welcome.png

Nice avatar! Tatiana Maslany is such a tour de force, playing all of those characters. I love it when she has to play one character imitating an other. That must be so difficult, but she pulls it off. I'll have to catch up with the series as I've lapsed.

As for your marriage; I hope you find some answers. Try posting in the Love and Relationships section as the members here are often willing to help.

How is your marriage like an earthquake?

I get tired of it all sometimes.

Saying something 'innocuous' with no hidden meaning
But hidden meaning is assumed as the other person always has a purpose behind what they say.
They respond to me as if I had the hidden purpose that they have assumed...
And I can't understand why they've escalated something that was nothing or not answered a simple question.
Gets tiring.

Not so much earthquake like, what about you?

Hey Sabrina,
It's a great step forward from passive observer to interactive member. Look forward to reading your views on topics.
Thank you !
How is your marriage like an earthquake?

Well, just as you said it: something innocuos (for me) scalates rapidly and without proportion . A few weeks ago was a record, my also aspie husband decided that he'd had enough of me, and I replied that actually it was me who'd had enough of him, both threatening separation... but them we both backed off, and we decided to go to couples' therapy. I'll go to the relationship forum with this issue eventually.
Thanks for your interest .

Nice avatar! Tatiana Maslany is such a tour de force, playing all of those characters. I love it when she has to play one character imitating an other. That must be so difficult, but she pulls it off. I'll have to catch up with the series as I've lapsed.

Totally agree! Is there a forum about Orphan Black? It would be cool.

New Threads

Top Bottom