• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I’m new here

Thanks!

Yes, the people are very nice here! And so many great, sweet and helpful replies! :)

I’m probably not the most social animal either, but it’s more because of the struggles I have with communicating with NT’s and not to understanding them.
To me it’s sometimes more like wanting to connect with people, but not knowing how.

My way to communicate is very different and most of neurotypical’s topics are really boring to me and when I start speaking about things I like, they don’t really react.

Haha, I’m a black coffee drinker. Can’t really wake up without it. :D:coffee:

Britain is so beautiful, never been there unfortunately :emojiconfused:

That is neat. I like Harrods. I saw the Fabrage Eggs display. I went to Hyde Park, and l worked as a domestic for short time. Took the Tube, also got to drive in London. l stayed in Crystal Palace area, (if memory serves me correctly).

Last edited:
Thanks!

Yes, the people are very nice here! And so many great, sweet and helpful replies! :)

I’m probably not the most social animal either, but it’s more because of the struggles I have with communicating with NT’s and not to understanding them.
To me it’s sometimes more like wanting to connect with people, but not knowing how.

My way to communicate is very different and most of neurotypical’s topics are really boring to me and when I start speaking about things I like, they don’t really react.

Haha, I’m a black coffee drinker. Can’t really wake up without it. :D:coffee:

Britain is so beautiful, never been there unfortunately :emojiconfused:

Get your point! l am extremely bored by NT men. There are very few people l like to be around, otherwise l am content to be on my own, so it's a little different then you.

Same in many situations.

Yeah, I have my people too that I prefer to be around, but I would like to connect a bit more, but it’s a real struggle. Like they’re speaking a completely foreign language with all those hidden meanings and facial expressions.

Wow, that sounds awesome! I mean what you saw and did in London! :hushed::grinning::)

Think your route might work if you simply ask them what they mean. A civilized person won't mind responding. Then you will become more adept at understanding those quirky NT's. Think they are actually easier to understand than we think. Sometimes l will state did l really hear you say that, do you really mean that? Or another good line; so why are you thinking that, or why did you say that. Just ask questions on things you are unclear on. Another line: so are you saying (insert what you thought they said here). Think this can be very helpful with bosses, friends, situations where u are trying to determine what is going on at airplane termimal, car rental, real estate office, courthouse, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you! :)

Yeah, I should try that more often. I’m embarrassed when I ask people what they mean, but actually there’s nothing to be ashamed about.

People always thought I wouldn’t listen and got annoyed or angry and told me to listen, but I don’t think everyone will react like this.

But not asking what they meant also brought my into embarrassing situations and misunderstandings. So asking is always the better way.
And now I know why I have so much struggle with these things. :)

Welcome ;)I hope you make good friends and have good conversations and your questions will be answered and you’ll be supported

New Threads

Top Bottom