• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I’m new here

GeminiSagittarius

Hi, I just joined this forum :)
How are you all?

I’m pretty sure I’m an Aspie with Pathological Demand Avoidance.
Trying to connect with others on the spectrum and finding ways to cope and how to safely unmask.

Hi, welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. There are plenty of threads that may be of interest, and people here are friendly.

:snowflake::dolphin::spiralshell::spoutingwhale::whale::rabbit::snowflake:

upload_2019-12-11_17-21-23.png

Welcome to AF !

Definitely the place to explore one's autism, whether suspected or formally diagnosed.

l read a little on Pathological Demand Avoidance; very interesting. I could relate to people not wanting to deal with the phone interaction symptom. Undestand that anxiety seems to play a big part in this?

Thank you for all the sweet replies! :)

@Aspychata Oh yes, I hate calling people, especially strangers for stuff like a doctor’s appointment.
I’m so awkward every time and I tend to forget everything I wanted to say and what they said.

Yeah, I also have anxiety issues and motivation issues due to my depression, but I also lack focus (psychologists said I have ADHD or ADD when I was a kid) and all the combined problems cause some sort of executive disfunction.
The easiest things are a real struggle to me :(

I think it's great you are at this site. Alot of life stories here and we seem to struggle but you will find support here!

My issue is l am not a social animal and people do not respect that. l really like hanging around, just simple stuff, meeting people is something l choose not to do much of.

Last edited:
if you’re in Britain tea with milk ,tea without milk, tea with sugar ,black coffee ,coffee with milk, milky coffee

I remember having high tea? Like in place of dinner, then a very late dinner? That was nice. I went Harrods in London. And I saw the palace!

I remember having high tea? Like in place of dinner, then a very late dinner? That was nice. I went Harrods in London. And I saw the palace!
It didn’t happen to me in the north of England (late dinner-we called it Supper )that’s just the choices (Hot drinks )you are given in my family,Dinner is lunch in the North of England, what did you think of the palace? and Harrods? i’ve had tea and scones ,high tea is slightly different.

New Threads

Top Bottom