• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi...I'm here..from Singapore..:)

alan

I'm from Singapore but I do not have Aspergers but the people here seem nice so here I am.

Alan

THanks, Alan! Welcome to the forum. You are one of a few members now joining us from Singapore. I hope you learn many things about us Aspies & join in discussing things with us here.

LOL! Okay.. If you don't mind me asking, why are you here? Nice to meet you ;-)

I was thinking maybe people with Aspergers would be nicer?..I don't know. I don't interact at all in real life no friends etc. and rarely come online to chats and recently got into trouble in Facebook Singapore Bronies Society so I found this site by accident because of that I stumbled on a fellow Singaporean's blog from this site about how they were prejudice against people with Aspergers.

Alan

I first learned about bronies here on this forum since several members here are bronies. Before that, I had no clue that they even existed! Another member here encountered some hostility from other members on some kind of brony forum but I have no idea which country it was in. I don't know if Aspies are nicer than others but this particular forum seems to have an almost magical ability to attract a wide variety of really great people from all over the world. The age range varies enormously & some members are deeply religious & others (like me) are Atheists & we all tend to get along very well.

Prejudices & humans is a very long story; whether it's Aspies, people from a different religion, people who are fat, black, white, Asian, too rich, too poor...you name it & somewhere there's an idiot nursing a heap of hatred against it. Sometimes a prejudiced person can learn the errors of his ways & become more accepting of differences. Education & accurate knowledge about 'others' as well as some contact with them can help. Aside from that, there are those who just don't want to get along. Being bigoted makes them feel powerful & superior. This latter type tends to try to recruit others to share his prejudices & even sometimes harm members of whatever group they're against. People like this are best simply avoided.

I'm from Singapore but I do not have Aspergers but the people here seem nice so here I am.

Alan

hello Alan, Singaporean here also. I am also the head of a Singaporean learning differences group/forum.

I also have heard of the SBS and its misdeeds.

I was thinking maybe people with Aspergers would be nicer?..I don't know. I don't interact at all in real life no friends etc. and rarely come online to chats and recently got into trouble in Facebook Singapore Bronies Society so I found this site by accident because of that I stumbled on a fellow Singaporean's blog from this site about how they were prejudice against people with Aspergers.

I am the author of the said blog entry. What I wrote did happen to me.

http://www.aspiescentral.com/blogs/geordie/737-singapore-bronies-society.html

I think people with Asperger's - many of us, indeed, most of us, are nice people. We really look at the strengths of different people, and to form a community full of people who contribute to society. I do think you might have the strengths to contribute to Aspies Central and other helpful Aspie groups.

I look forward to see you on this forum - and other supportive places for Singaporeans and/or Bronies.

Thanks I din't expect to have many replies. I haven't had time to surf the content of the forum yet but I will...Thanks again..:). Oh and thanks for the links.

Alan

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom