• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I'm CentralBank.

CentralBank

Viceroy
I'm a recently diagnosed 19 year old male living with Asperger Syndrome.

I have always been a little "off" since I was very young. Abnormal sensitivity to sound, slow gross and fine motor development, and an eccentric attitude and vocabulary defined my early childhood. As I grew older and matured an adult sense of self awareness, I discovered how difficult socializing was for me. I struggled with spontaneity and non-verbal cues in conversations, and found myself frequently ostracized, belittled, or ignored.

To say a little about my personality; I love history, politics, and debate. I have a lot of aesthete sensibilities, I really enjoy art and literature and immersing myself in foreign cultures and histories. I'm also a pretty avid gamer.

I'm relieved to have a reason for being the way I am now, and seeing a community filled with so many other people who exist on the same spectrum is encouraging. Glad to meet you all.

Welcome to Aspies Central, it's a good place to be. Members are friendly, accepting, helpful and supportive and you can learn a lot here.

Hi CentralBank :)

welcome.png

Welcome to Aspies Central/Autism Forums, CentralBank. Was nice meeting you on the chat, you're a fun person to be around and very friendly. Hope you'll find support here, there are plenty of people struggling with various issues here and many who have overcomed them. And remember, Autism is a unique mind wiring, it's not insanity or a disorder.

Hi, do you have a favourite era of history? I like history but anything post-dark ages I loose interest in...

Antiquity is a time period, and yes! Classical Greco-Roman cultures fall into that era and I'm crazy for them haha. Especially the Romans during the Republican period.

Antiquity is a time period, and yes! Classical Greco-Roman cultures fall into that era and I'm crazy for them haha. Especially the Romans during the Republican period.
The "barbarians" of that age are probably my favourite cultures to learn about (especially since I'm descended from them xD) c:

Hi Central Bank, welcome. Sounds like you have some great interests, history is so fascinating, literature too. I m not a gamer but guess it must be pretty interesting. I hope you find plenty to read and respond to here.

:palmtree::crocodile::cactus::turtle: :palmtree::crocodile::cactus::turtle: :palmtree::crocodile::cactus::turtle: :palmtree::crocodile::cactus::turtle:

Greetings! I like history as well.
I love history, politics, and debate.
You like debate? Pretty interesting, I never met aspies who're interested in debate. Did you have debates in school? We had the debate thema in German lesson but I didn't participate much.

The past and the present :)

Tell us about the magna carta

I haven't read a lot about the proximate details of the Magna Carta, but I know it was initially drafted as a peace accord between King John and rebellious barons of England. And that it totally failed it's raison d'être. I know that Magna Carta would go on to serve a huge inspirational roll to enlightenment thinkers in early modernity. It's pretty much the "primordial soup" of constitutionalism and rule of law.

Or why they use the form of money they use in 'yap'

Because it's pretty and it has a fixed supply. Friedman wasn't wrong to draw a parallel between Rai and a gold standard.

New Threads

Top Bottom